JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not a 350, they all have 350 Magnum on them. The P could indicate a current model with a synthetic stock, or it could be an older model with a wood stock, Diana had a lot of variants of the basic 34 over the years. I have a vague recollection of a Model 35 with a deluxe wood stock, but it's been awhile since I payed much attention to Diana rifles. As to the 350 being any good, define good :rolleyes:. I had one back in my springer days, and I hated it. Plenty powerful, as these things go, but a real bear to control, I never did get consistent with it, and I was always pretty good with springers. IF I was going to have a "magnum" springer, I'd look at the Beeman R-1 or the Diana 460. Of course, that's just my opinion, YMMV. Later.

Thanks I passed on it it was a 34-P I'm just getting into pellet guns and don't have much money to spend so any advise on good used models to look for would be greatly appreciated thanks have a good day

The 34 P (for Panther IIRC) is actually a pretty good choice in a first air gun if you want a springer. They tend to be accurate, not too pellet picky, and decent build quality. But nearly all current production spring piston air guns will benefit from at least a good lube job, if not a full on tune. Do bear in mind, to properly lubricate a springer requires taking it apart, and most require a spring compressor to do the job safely. Diana/RWS rifles are notorious for shipping virtually bone dry, while others ship practically dripping.

As to other good brands, it really depends on your budge and level of interest. Slavia's are built by CZ, stocks are ugly but the guns are shooters. Beeman R-series guns are mostly heirloom quality rifles, but again, most will NEED a tune right out of the box, they tend to be really twangy. All the R-series rifles are rebranded Weirauch's, usually the only difference is in the stocks. The R-9 is an excellent all around choice, for a bit more power, the R-1 is the one to look for, especially in .20 cal. I tend to avoid bigger caliber springers, most have rainbow trajectories, and if they have the power to avoid that, they're real beasts to cock and shoot consistently. Do a Google search on "artillery hold", and trust me, it's not as simple as it sounds, but if you want to be good with springer, you'll need to master it.

The only other Beeman branded rifle I'd look at is the CO2 powered QB-78. It's a copy of a long dis-continued Crosman rifle, and is one of the better Chinese guns on the market. Mostly wood and steel instead of plastic, usually decent build quality, and also usually good shooters. No recoil, so they're easier to shoot well. Only downside, they can be addictive, tuning, tweaking, and modifying QB's can become an obsession. Check out Archer Airguns for more info.

Most of the other Walmart brands you'll see are from China, and most of those come from the same factories regardless of brand name. Gamo is still an exception (I think), but they're all built to a minimum price point, and the build quality shows. That said, they can be good shooters if you're willing to learn how, and can either live with the twang, or learn what it takes to fix it.

If you have any other specific questions, feel free to PM me, I've owned a LOT of airguns over the last decade or so. And if you happen to be in North Central WA, I have several rifles you could check out. Later, good luck, and have fun.

I've personally avoided break barrel springers in the past, due to their, "Double Pulse"and "single loading". Then the nitro piston GAMO Swarm came on the market. I read all of the reviews and decided to take a chance and I bought one, in .22cal.

When I opened the box I was amazed at the size of the beast. It is the size of my Winchester 12GA. with a 32" barrel, but when I picked it up, I found it to be fairly light and well balanced. It come with a decent optic and with the right pellet it will hold dime sized groups at 50'. I've found it to a fun rifle for plinking and small game and the price was right.

Not sure if it is a 350 mag the person says the markings on the barrel say RWS p 35 I'm waiting on the paper work any advise would be helpful thanks
I started out (when I was just getting serious with air guns) with my dad's Blue Streak that he bought back in the 60's. Then I jumped into the springer world with a HW 77k in .20 cal also. With both rifles I was dropping pigeons at 55 Yards! my zero for both and practice range was 27 yards. I was getting dime size groups with the "best" pellet for that particular gun. (that's why I always (and so do many, many others) recommend shooting many different pellets thru your gun to get the most accurate one for "That" barrel) . Then I jumped into a Rem NPSS .177 (disc) and with the right pellet (10.5 crosman premier), I was dropping starlings out to 74 yards, and 50 yards Ground Squirrels was no problem. As said before you need to learn how to hold a springer, not like a .22lr but gentle like your wife. Now the CO2's and PcP's, and the sort and be a little harder hold and you can get by.
Back to the 350 mag, It's a good one, you might even check out the Crosman Titan (I had one and it does great), these Gamo's are good ones, any of the RWS or Beemans, or the Weirauch's there all good. Get the best you can afford look at several reviews online (might do this first) and go have a ball (or in this case "a pellet")
Hope this helps, shawn
oh yeah: be careful: I now own......20 Blue Streak, two mod "E"'s CO2 (a .20 and a .177) Rem NPSS .177, HW77k .20, three Marauders .25, .22, and the P-rod, AirForce Condor SS in .25,.22, .20, .177 AirForce Talon SS in .25,.20, new edition Diana Stormrider .177, Bandit .177, Chaser .22, S&W .177, Beeman P17, S&W MP45, Gletcher TT .177, and since my wife is looking over my shoulder, a couple of others I probably shouldn't mention.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top