Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Rv's and guns?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by servingu, Aug 24, 2010.

1. servingu

servingu Vancouver (not BC) WA (not DC) Member

We are going down to AZ to get a class C rv and i want to know if I can take my gun with me? I thought I heard that a motor home is a home and you can have a gun in it. Please HELP ASAP we are going on Fri.

2. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

I would think you could, considering AZ's new carry laws and such. Is it a handgun or a long-arm you're going to have? Or both for that matter...

3. wsu 5.9er

wsu 5.9er Spanaway WA Member

While in motion, it's considered a motor vehicle and all applicable laws apply. When parked, it is considered a "dwelling" and all applicable laws apply. AZ now allows concealed carry without a permit. I'd do some research to make sure you are following the laws of whichever state you happen to be traveling in. :thumbup:

4. servingu

servingu Vancouver (not BC) WA (not DC) Member

Thanks for the info that makes sense. :thumbup:

5. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

I think it was also brought up during the last discussion on this, that if the gun was stored out-of-reach while the vehicle was in motion, than the dwelling criteria applies. I carry at least one handgun and long rifle in mine on most trips. Right now I have three long guns and two handguns in it.

Keith

6. theorren

theorren Medford Member

If you're planning on traveling through Kalifornia, I would suggest you visit Calguns.net and search / ask them there about having a gun in an RV. They are very helpful.
    Personally, I would try to avoid Cali at all costs if I wanted to travel with a gun, it's a major pain to try and follow the laws there. Basically it has to be in a locked container in a seperate part of the vehicle, unloaded. Note: I'm not a lawyer and that is only my understanding of Cali law, it may be different in an RV.