Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Rv's and guns?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by servingu, Aug 24, 2010.

1. servingu

servingu Vancouver (not BC) WA (not DC) Member

We are going down to AZ to get a class C rv and i want to know if I can take my gun with me? I thought I heard that a motor home is a home and you can have a gun in it. Please HELP ASAP we are going on Fri.

2. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

I would think you could, considering AZ's new carry laws and such. Is it a handgun or a long-arm you're going to have? Or both for that matter...

3. wsu 5.9er

wsu 5.9er Spanaway WA Member

While in motion, it's considered a motor vehicle and all applicable laws apply. When parked, it is considered a "dwelling" and all applicable laws apply. AZ now allows concealed carry without a permit. I'd do some research to make sure you are following the laws of whichever state you happen to be traveling in. :thumbup:

4. servingu

servingu Vancouver (not BC) WA (not DC) Member

Thanks for the info that makes sense. :thumbup:

5. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

I think it was also brought up during the last discussion on this, that if the gun was stored out-of-reach while the vehicle was in motion, than the dwelling criteria applies. I carry at least one handgun and long rifle in mine on most trips. Right now I have three long guns and two handguns in it.

Keith

6. theorren

theorren Medford Member

If you're planning on traveling through Kalifornia, I would suggest you visit Calguns.net and search / ask them there about having a gun in an RV. They are very helpful.
    Personally, I would try to avoid Cali at all costs if I wanted to travel with a gun, it's a major pain to try and follow the laws there. Basically it has to be in a locked container in a seperate part of the vehicle, unloaded. Note: I'm not a lawyer and that is only my understanding of Cali law, it may be different in an RV.