JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not going to be doing much @ 80+ years old. How and why we let politicians go past certain ages is beyond me.

This is only one example of one political person who is well into their lost marbles ages still running an office.

At this point they are literally living of the desire of power only, that or small children's soles.
Because t
being a supreme court judge is a life time appointment as described by the constitution.

Because t
being a supreme court judge is a life time appointment as described by the constitution.
"In good behavior, until retirement or impeachment by the Congress"

Adding a mandatory retirement age would help. We already have such for the military, and for most employed positions, why not for SCOTUS Justices? This would open up the SCOTUS to be able to get fresh blood every two generations or three. Stagger it so that there does not result a wholesale retirement period in which the SCOTUS need to be replaced all at the same time.

Because t
True, but at some point someone should step in and say that for the good of the nations highest court someone boardering on deaths doors should call it quits.

We are essentially manipulating an elder at this point.

I highly doubt she isn't well medicated.

I also highly doubt she is making decisions on her own.

I would not be surprised if she is heavily being coached by others.

If she is still rocking out on her own marbles still, more power to her, I'm just a realist and doubt it.

True, but at some point someone should step in and say that for the good of the nations highest court someone boardering on deaths doors should call it quits.
at her age she should have stepped down during obama's reign so that a liberal leftist could have replaced her, she's there still there because she wants to be, and now its a gamble for the democrats, that being said, since its a 2 party system ....I would like to see another constitutionalist

I highly doubt she isn't well medicated.

I also highly doubt she is making decisions on her own.

I would not be surprised if she is heavily being coached by others.

If she is still rocking out on her own marbles still, more power to her, I'm just a realist and doubt it.
So it's ok to change the constitution when t fits your needs. Our founding fathers provided a method to amend the constitution have fun. Until the point at which the constitution is amended I am fine with the way it is written.

Bloomturd should have spent that 100mil he wasted on the election, to keep Ginsburg alive,,, :D

F11E9838-F6C2-49A4-9712-005F5ED4C32F.jpeg

But the founders never dreamed of automatic weapons and life expectancy over 80!

Quite a few of the founders were politically active well into their 80's. Jefferson and Franklin included. Personally I dont believe in changing the constitution because well for any reason. If the woman or any justice is incapacitated mentally or physically impeachment is always an option as prescribed by the Constitution..

But the founders never dreamed of automatic weapons and life expectancy over 80!
They also never dreamed a world in which trillions of dollars can be traded when only a tiny fraction exists in real life, or a world in which we can nearly instantly message anyone in the world, or recieve news on a 24-7 format, much of it biased:rolleyes:, and a world in which the government have the tools to spy on everyone and almost everyone has basically signed their privacy away in the name of social awareness/contact:rolleyes:
They likely did not dream of a world in which the Federal Government owns much of the American West, and in which the largest employers tend to be the States agencies as opposed to private corporations.

Quite a few of the founders were politically active well into their 80's. Jefferson and Franklin included. Personally I dont believe in changing the constitution because well for any reason. If the woman or any justice is incapacitated mentally or physically impeachment is always an option as prescribed by the Constitution..

Twas a joke...and I agree. RBG was on a talkshow recently and still seemed pretty sharp. But, I don't agree with her on much.

So it's ok to change the constitution when t fits your needs. Our founding fathers provided a method to amend the constitution have fun. Until the point at which the constitution is amended I am fine with the way it is written.
Never said that.

Just tired of watching any political thing being used one way or the other for political gain and manipulation.

It's obvious this lady is in need of retirement and to spend her later years doing other things.

That won't happen because people are manipulating her to keep going for political gain.

I'd see no difference if this were an elderly person of a conservative leaning on the court.

If my grandfolks were this age and clearly declining in health, I would not be pushing them to do something because political gains can be made.

That's just sick.

She is back to work, but obviously is suffering from some type of either auto-immune condition or serious bone/joint degradation issues. You don't just fall down and keep breaking your ribs. And, for an 85 year old woman to take a blow like that she is going to have serious health problems and significant long-term chronic pain. This is like the third time this has happened to her. She obviously is in very poor health and her days are numbered. We can only pray she becomes incapacitated or incapable of continuing with her job in the next two years and not after 2020 when a worst anti-Constitution judge takes her place with the blessing of the possible nutjob Antifa backed Democrat President.

I'm not going to be doing much @ 80+ years old. How and why we let politicians go past certain ages is beyond me.

This is only one example of one political person who is well into their lost marbles ages still running an office.

At this point they are literally living of the desire of power only, that or small children's soles.

Come on guys!!! My mom is 94 and sharp as a tack. Remember when you thought you would rather die than be over 30yr old?

BTW. Many older people have falling issues related to blood flow, thyroid hormone, dehydration, etc etc etc, doesn't mean they are mentally incompetent. Also they have osteoporosis. My wife recently broke her ankle because of it, and I suffered a crushed vertebrae. Arthritis then sets in... not fun. I would be more concerned about RGB becoming even more cranky.

I realized you were joking, but as an aside: Aging still happened then. Just look at some vintage pics... 30yr olds looked like 60yr olds today.

I think that gloating over the health issues of an elderly person is in poor taste, regardless of their political leanings.

Well, ahem, yes but one has their sinful pleasures nevertheless.

To me selectively picking and choosing which part of the constitution has value is not a joke. It is all or nothing.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top