JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
howdy

using some rustoleum paint to paint some bubblegum.. i know from past experience that this bubblegum takes FOREVER to cure. it "dries" in 24 hours, like it says on the can.. but then it's like 4-6 weeks before it can't be scraped right off without putting up a fight. i like it because once it's cured, it seems to be a lot tougher than krylon, but bubblegum- i don't have 6 weeks. anyone have any tricks? i've tried putting parts in the oven on low heat.. didn't really seem to help any, but that was flat black grill paint- might be more impervious to heat. this stuff is just regular ol enamel...

?

Put it someplace that heat won't adversely affect and use a halogen worklight to warm it up to about 120-140* or so. Don't get it above 160* though.
Keep it that way for 4 hours.
That should kick it pretty well.

Three to six months air dry time, 24 hours dry time via UV/IR/heat lamp and still 3 weeks air cure time after that. I've painted a couple cars using just Rustoleum and it's good enough quality for heavy use applications. That bloody cure time is just annoying. I have read instances of people using hardener compounds to lower the cure time without sacrificing quality.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top