JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Final results are in for those of you out there interested in keeping your firearms protected from corrosion! Please like and subscribe as I will be focusing again on this channel and putting up new videos that I think you guys will enjoy. Products used: Corrosion X, Frog Lube, Break Free CLP, Slip2000, M-Pro 7, Tetra Gun, Pro-Shot Zero Friction, Rem Oil, Outers Metal Seal. (Not my video)

I'm not actually actively using it, I mostly have it for if I end up shooting corrosively primes ammo and anything else I can think of.

I have used it for some household lubrication, but otherwise, I use Slip2000 EWL for my older stuff (and their grease for the double barrel knuckle) and Seal1 for my modern stuff.

However, the hand spray gives a fair amount of control, I'd spray and wipe directly or straight to rag or bore brush/swab and go from there.
Seems like that's the deal with balistol, good to have, but used little. I'm sort of glad there isn't some special trick to it. I'm used to using break free CLP and M-Pro.
However, I'm starting to think I should get some froglube or slip 2000 instead of M-Pro.

I love MPro7 cleaner, it's great and has a lot of bonuses to using it. However, their oil is just oil, it's nothing great, but works.

Otis, to me, is in the same basket, good oil, but nothing to write home about.

Froglube.... i use what i have to do the outside of firearms, i likely won't get anymore, Seal1 is about the same stuff (same people, left Froglube when they changed the formulation), but will not have the chance of gumming up, so i use that in actions.

Loving the Slip2000 oil though, again, i use that on my milsurp stuff, their grease is excellent in my double barrel.

I love MPro7 cleaner, it's great and has a lot of bonuses to using it. However, their oil is just oil, it's nothing great, but works.

Otis, to me, is in the same basket, good oil, but nothing to write home about.

Froglube.... i use what i have to do the outside of firearms, i likely won't get anymore, Seal1 is about the same stuff (same people, left Froglube when they changed the formulation), but will not have the chance of gumming up, so i use that in actions.

Loving the Slip2000 oil though, again, i use that on my milsurp stuff, their grease is excellent in my double barrel.
That's what I've figured as well, except I do appreciate the viscosity of their oil. I love their grease, but it's expensive and should probably look at some others to try. The cleaner is a pleasure to work with, much better than gun scrubber!
I'll have to get some seal1 and slip 2000 next time I am in the market.

Yup, I use Slip2000 EWL 30 for a thicker oil and their grease has the highest rated heat range I saw.

I also forgot that I was looking for non petroleum based stuff, Slip2000 was but Mpro7 wasn't.

So I apologize if this is the wrong forum for this but seeing as rust is the bane of all tools I figured this was the best place for it.

So today we went out shooting and it was drizzling (wow Imagine that, rain in Oregon) and It got me to wondering this: So coming from a desert/high desert area rust has never been really a big concern in the past for me. But out here where its raining a good amount of the time and there is still a decent amount of humidity when its not I got to wondering how I should be changing my gun maintenance procedures.
Should I be taking off my hand guards on my AR's to get a light coating of oil on the barrel after they are out at the range in the rain? When I get a pistol are there any places that might sneak up on me with rust ? Would desiccant packs in my gun cases be helpful ? Or am I just being paranoid ?

Any tips would be appreciated, I'm not sure if this is even a good question. But to be honest I'd rather ask a dumb question than wake up to rust spots all over my prized possessions.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top