JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got some Remington oil and it mostly scrubbed right off with a nylon brush. The bolt took some effort and the rough side of a scrubbing pad and the seams are pretty good but I need a slim brush so I can get in there better though but overall it's much better. I think switching to Remington oil or similar is a good idea as I've just been using straight Outers gun oil.

Now that you've taken good care of the rust, I have another suggestion you might want to consider. For "longer-term" storage, you might want to try Shooter's Choice - Rust & Corrosion Preventative (or something similarly named). It's an aerosol you spray all over the gun prior to storing it and stays put for as long as needed.

I've been using it for +/- 15-years and haven't experienced any degree of rust / corrosion on any of the numerous items that I've used it on. And some of the things I've used it on did previously have varying degrees of rust on them. Therefore, I can personally attest that it works very well.

It's easy to wipe-it-off when you're ready to use whatever it is you used it on again. And, I think it's only around $7 - $11 per can, wherein a single can will "coat" numerous long-arms. It's an easy-to-apply, relatively inexpensive insurance against rust.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top