Rust on my rifle. Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by Glock Jock, Jun 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. bradleystuart

bradleystuart
    Las Vegas

Now that you've taken good care of the rust, I have another suggestion you might want to consider. For "longer-term" storage, you might want to try Shooter's Choice - Rust & Corrosion Preventative (or something similarly named). It's an aerosol you spray all over the gun prior to storing it and stays put for as long as needed.

I've been using it for +/- 15-years and haven’t experienced any degree of rust / corrosion on any of the numerous items that I’ve used it on. And some of the things I've used it on did previously have varying degrees of rust on them. Therefore, I can personally attest that it works very well.

It's easy to wipe-it-off when you're ready to use whatever it is you used it on again. And, I think it's only around $7 - $11 per can, wherein a single can will "coat" numerous long-arms. It's an easy-to-apply, relatively inexpensive insurance against rust.

Glock Jock likes this.
  2. Glock Jock

Glock Jock
    Toon Town, NW
    Well-Known Member 2017 Volunteer

Thanks for the tip.

3. Reaper1911

Reaper1911
    Vancouver, Washington

Qmax BLU you will never use anything else again

4. joken

joken
    Corvallis
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Keep it oiled and not in a case

5. F2CMaDMaXX

F2CMaDMaXX
    West of Portland from England
    Bullet goes where now? Staff Member Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer 2018 Volunteer

This seems to be about all that matters.