JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So in other words it caused your BS-o-meter to give a reading but the story didn't cause it to peg out? That's still pretty scary that you think this story actually has some basis in reality enough to post it. This kind of story only resonates with a small sliver of the far right part of the political spectrum.

So you want to insult me because I posted a link to something I thought some here might be interested in reading? Like I said previously, I typically pass this stuff right by. Lately, it would take quite a bit to surprise me based on the foibles of the current admin. That is why I read it. And posted it with the caveat that it smelled (in so many words).
It's not like it's about flying saucers and little green men. Good grief. Those kinds of conversations happen here every now and then too though I guess.

So you want to insult me because I posted a link to something I thought some here might be interested in reading? Like I said previously, I typically pass this stuff right by. Lately, it would take quite a bit to surprise me based on the foibles of the current admin. That is why I read it. And posted it with the caveat that it smelled (in so many words).
It's not like it's about flying saucers and little green men. Good grief. Those kinds of conversations happen here every now and then too though I guess.

Not sure what it is that I said that you consider an insult. I called BS on the article immediately and did some research on the source of the article. You know it's bad when other conspiracy theory nuts say the source is bad and full of baloney. If you're insulted because of that then I all I can suggest is for you to grow another layer of skin.

Look at the date.
I think that future faux president has arrived.

"The President has the power to seize property, organize and control the means of production, seize commodities,
assign military forces abroad, call reserve forces amounting to 2 1/2 million men to duty, institute martial law,
seize and control all means of transportation, regulate all private enterprise, restrict travel, and in a plethora of
particular ways, control the lives of all Americans...

Most [of these laws] remain a a potential source of virtually unlimited power for a President should he choose
to activate them. It is possible that some future President could exercise this vast authority in an attempt to
place the United States under authoritarian rule.

While the danger of a dictatorship arising through legal means may seem remote to us today, recent history
records Hitler seizing control through the use of the emergency powers provisions contained in the laws of
the Weimar Republic."

--Joint Statement, Sens. Frank Church (D-ID) and Charles McMathias (R-MD) September 30, 1973

ref to: kevatc

Ignore him, its what he does.

Not sure what it is that I said that you consider an insult. I called BS on the article immediately and did some research on the source of the article. You know it's bad when other conspiracy theory nuts say the source is bad and full of baloney. If you're insulted because of that then I all I can suggest is for you to grow another layer of skin.
Re-read your post that I was referring to. I'm far from being thin skinned (literally and figuratively :)). I'm far from a conspiracy theorist as evidenced by my activity here. So it kinda makes me laugh to be referred to in that way.
But pointing out that it's "scary" that my "bs-o-meter" isn't as finely tuned as you think it ought to be isn't exactly a compliment.
In. Any case, I thought the topic might make for some interesting discussion, which it has. I've learned a thing or two about some folks involved with dissemination of information that I've never heard of before. Guess I'll feed that data into my "bs-o-tron" so I can avoid such horrific indiscretions in the future.

ref to: kevatc

Ignore him, its what he does.

I like kevtac and normally agree with his perspectives.
Just because I posted this link does not mean that I believed it to be gospel.
I simply thought it would make for good water cooler discussion.
I am well aware that foreign troops hav e trained here in limited numbers for decades, including several foreign air force's I believe. That's not necessarily a bad thing as joint operations overseas require that we are able to interact with our allies.
My main points here are these, I really don't trust this president.
And in response to some who were just commenting on the number of 15000 as being effectively small, I felt differently. Neither of those perspectives were intended to lend credibility to the initial post, or defend it in that manner.
One thing I will agree with though is Burt when he alludes to looking at various information in an outside the box fashion. Some of my conservative friends thought I was off the farm when I believed early reports of the irs scandal.

I like kevtac and normally agree with his perspectives.
Just because I posted this link does not mean that I believed it to be gospel.
I simply thought it would make for good water cooler discussion.
I am well aware that foreign troops hav e trained here in limited numbers for decades, including several foreign air force's I believe. That's not necessarily a bad thing as joint operations overseas require that we are able to interact with our allies.
My main points here are these, I really don't trust this president.
And in response to some who were just commenting on the number of 15000 as being effectively small, I felt differently. Neither of those perspectives were intended to lend credibility to the initial post, or defend it in that manner.
One thing I will agree with though is Burt when he alludes to looking at various information in an outside the box fashion. Some of my conservative friends thought I was off the farm when I believed early reports of the irs scandal.

My apologies for misinterpreting your motivation to post the story. It just seemed so ridiculous on it's face that I guess I missed it being put out for water cooler discussion rather than what I perceived as a "real" story. Considering many of the responses I am not the only one who took this as a serious post. I never meant to insult you.

I know where my family came from and how much they loved this country.
A grandfather that fought throughout Burma and China, uncles that fought
through Europe and were on the beaches at Normandy, A dad that fought in the Corps
through the Pacific theater on some of the bloodiest Island there. Every one of them knew
the value of freedom and respected the US, unlike most of the leftist nutcases running loose today. Many of them that gravitated to politics intent on destroying what we have.
My words are THE HELL THEY WILL !
Those that have not lived under repressive regimes have no clue what they ask for.
They better pray they never get it as it will be the sorriest day of their lives.
It seems that the only ones left that respect freedom, and I do not mean free(handout)dom.
are the ones that have come from Dictators, Stalinist, Marxist, Maoist, and worse are the ones that truly know what we have and are losing by inaction.

I have bad news for you. It is already past that point. It is done, stick a fork in it.
There are already those that came from the Eastern Europe a couple of decades ago and now they are heading back. While their original homelands cast aside much of the communist oppression, the US is willingly implementing it.
In some aspects the US government is far more intrussive that the communist regimes of the past were.
If it was not so depressingly sad, it would be ironic.

I have bad news for you. It is already past that point. It is done, stick a fork in it.
There are already those that came from the Eastern Europe a couple of decades ago and now they are heading back. While their original homelands cast aside much of the communist oppression, the US is willingly implementing it.
In some aspects the US government is far more intrussive that the communist regimes of the past were.
If it was not so depressingly sad, it would be ironic.

You willing to lay down and give up ????
HELL NO. THIS IS OUR COUNTRY NOT THE DAMN POLITICIANS OR GLOBALISTS !!! WE WILL TAKE IT BACK !

You willing to lay down and give up ????
HELL NO. THIS IS OUR COUNTRY NOT THE DAMN POLITICIANS OR GLOBALISTS !!! WE WILL TAKE IT BACK !

How do you propose to do this? Both sides of the aisle are bought and paid for and the far far right of the spectrum is plum nuts.

I haven't done much research but I have heard about this. I also remember the Russian troops that were in Colorado a while back? anyways......

Looks like I might be an owner of a new AK74 :rolleyes:

If you get bored... here is something for you to read.
» Russian Forces to Provide ?Security? At US Events Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Is it me or do the Russian troops look like a group of nice, kindhearted men as opposed to our hardened thugs? Just an observation. Look at the smiles - all happy - I bet they won't shoot everyone's dog! - maybe being oppressed by them might actually be better!

601696_10151735518111171_1136747137_n_zpsf75d6e61.jpg

Is it me or do the Russian troops look like a group of nice, kindhearted men as opposed to our hardened thugs? Just an observation. Look at the smiles - all happy - I bet they won't shoot everyone's dog! - maybe being oppressed by them might actually be better!

I'm looking forward to inviting the boys over for some Borscht :D

Oh hell yeah, we'd invite em for target practice. We need to hone up on 300, 500 & 800 yd moving targets.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top