JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Pretty much the final spin they gave the sale . Folks forget what a huge foot the CCP has in Canada. Did Russia sell to the CCP in Canada? Would we even know?
Yeah, they track that stuff pretty carefully. You can't just export Uranium to another country and then turn around and sell it off wherever. Its all fully permitted and tracked and the Canadians cant just sell it without US permitting. The Russians have large Uranium reserves. Somewhere around 4 times what we have not to mention the Kazakh's who are their close ally and have a metric crapload. Nowhere near what the Australians have though. This was just a business deal.

Yeah, they track that stuff pretty carefully. You can't just export Uranium to another country and then turn around and sell it off wherever. Its all fully permitted and tracked and the Canadians cant just sell it without US permitting. The Russians have large Uranium reserves. Somewhere around 4 times what we have. Nowhere near what the Australians have though. This was just a business deal.
Just another business deal with communist.

Any show of weakness or incompetency by a nation has historically invited attack, on it or others. Since Nov 2020 we have been putting on a full length feature that many are starting to actaully believe is not a gag. I am surprised it lasted this long. Should we engage in another global conflict i lay this at he feet of the Democratic party -- that is they (and we ) have not been blown off them.

I didn't want to derail the thread about the Chinese, so starting a new one. Most probably know about Russian aggression in the Crimea. Now Moscow has deployed military forces on the border of the Ukraine.

Queries:
  • Your thoughts on the Russian troop build up along the border with Ukraine?
  • How do you see it ending?
  • Any impact on your preparedness planning?
Thanks for sharing.
Why in the H would we risk defending Ukraine...which was part of the Russian Empire and the CCCP longer than California has been part of the US?
We are already on the hook to defend Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Belarus and Moldova thru NATO.
Want your kid to die defending that insanity?
We have NO national interests in Ukraine, and Russia does.
Meanwhile there's a border down south that needs defending right now.

Why in the H would we risk defending Ukraine...which was part of the Russian Empire and the CCCP longer than California has been part of the US?
We are already on the hook to defend Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Belarus and Moldova thru NATO.
Want your kid to die defending that insanity?
We have NO national interests in Ukraine, and Russia does.
Meanwhile there's a border down south that needs defending right now.
I agree but with current lack of sense and potential profit for arms makers and others who knows?

Not Belarus.

In theory you defend another sovereign nation to uphold the principal that no nation should be allowed to militarily conquer another. There's no just cause for unilateral conquest. To allow it invites more such acts.

Not Belarus.

In theory you defend another sovereign nation to uphold the principal that no nation should be allowed to militarily conquer another. There's no just cause for unilateral conquest. To allow it invites more such acts.
Thanks for the correction about Belarus. However, the deep state has been pushing to bring Belarus into NATO as well as Ukraine.
Russia took the Crimea back from Ukraine to get a Black Sea naval base a few years ago. Stalin had redrawn the traditional boundary years ago to give Ukraine a plum.
If this is so worrisome then let Europe deal with it. We've been supporting their squabblings since 1917. Time for them go there own way.

Because certain powerful individuals are making big bucks siphoning off US aid money to Ukraine into their own pockets.
However, the deep state has been pushing to bring Belarus into NATO
Won't happen as long as Belarus is hostile towards Poland.

I like it better when folks make a statement that they follow up with their opinion. You say they are not commies, so tell me what they are.
Communism is a economic and social system they havent practiced since the early 90's and really about a decade before that. . Communist isnt just a word for someone you dont like or who does things that threaten your hegemony. Most Americans have ZERO idea what communism was in practice. The days to day stuff.. You know, how it really worked at least in the Soviet Union. The command economy state owned businesses are a thing of the past. The kids of government owned company employees dont get three months of summer/work camp any more. Literally nothing remains of the apparatchik process . Guaranteed employment is over. Russian businesses are privately owned and go out of business if they make no money. The Russians are rogue independents on the world stage at this point. If anything the modern Russians are near pure capitalists . Kind of like the US in the robber baron era. Communists? Ha. Not even slightly. They have their sphere of influence they protect , they sell natural resources to the outside world, some pretty good weapons , nuclear reactors and thats about it. Matryoshka dolls. We have no economic leverage against the Russians and their economy is remarkably self sufficient compared to ours. Sanctions mean nothing to them because they are oversanctioned already. Theyve been kicked out of every world club but the UN there is because they dont give a damn about our rules. Can't squeeze blood out of a turnip.

Last Edited:
I like it better when folks make a statement that they follow up with their opinion. You say they are not commies, so tell me what they are.

Communism is a economic and social system they havent practiced since the early 90's and really about a decade before that. .
Not to mention that Christianity has made a big comeback in Russia. Some say Putin himself has played a major role in revival of the Russian Orthodox Church. Communism is an aetheist ideology, so no, they are no longer communist. But some people won't believe it till they read it in some fringe publication from the fever swamps.

Communism is a economic and social system they havent practiced since the early 90's and really about a decade before that. . Communist isnt just a word for someone you dont like or who does things that threaten your hegemony. Most Americans have ZERO idea what communism was in practice. The days to day stuff.. You know, how it really worked at least in the Soviet Union. The command economy state owned businesses are a thing of the past. The kids of government owned company employees dont get three months of summer/work camp any more. Literally nothing remains of the apparatchik process . Guaranteed employment is over. Russian businesses are privately owned and go out of business if they make no money. The Russians are rogue independents on the world stage at this point. If anything the modern Russians are near pure capitalists . Kind of like the US in the robber baron era. Communists? Ha. Not even slightly. They have their sphere of influence they protect , they sell natural resources to the outside world, some pretty good weapons , nuclear reactors and thats about it. Matryoshka dolls. We have no economic leverage against the Russians and their economy is remarkably self sufficient compared to ours. Sanctions mean nothing to them because they are oversanctioned already. Theyve been kicked out of every world club but the UN there is because they dont give a damn about our rules. Can't squeeze blood out of a turnip.
As I recall it was about 1991 that they declared changes and putting wasn't elected potus until 2000. 21 years of the same potus sure seems like a dictatorship to me and yet he can serve to 2036. The only changes I see are the state no longer takes care of the people and the oligarchs run the country. Its not true communism by definition but what communism tuned into.

As I recall it was about 1991 that they declared changes and putting wasn't elected potus until 2000. 21 years of the same potus sure seems like a dictatorship to me and yet he can serve to 2036. The only changes I see are the state no longer takes care of the people and the oligarchs run the country. Its not true communism by definition but what communism tuned into.
By some changes I'm sure you are referring to the dissolution of the Soviet Union and I'm pretty sure Putin was never elected to the Presidency of the United States. Having lived through all this stuff it's challenging to remember not everyone did or paid attention.

By some changes I'm sure you are referring to the dissolution of the Soviet Union and I'm pretty sure Putin was never elected to the Presidency of the United States. Having lived through all this stuff it's challenging to remember not everyone did or paid attention.
Ya I kinda screwed up the reply with the potus thing but of course I make mistakes. He was given the presidency of Russia in 2000 and the dictatorship keeps going with many years left to him in power. Again a communist government is a dictatorship and its my opinion the changes made was they stopped the phoney crap that its a people's government. Communist in power they became so rich it turned to oligarchy so they could use their money and power without a commie government killing them as the elite.

Russian commies are playing the game the west wanted, they try to look more like the west. Yet a dictatorship isn't capitalism, it's cronyism with the power of the state saying who gets rich. A lot like what America turned into.

Well there you go, sounding like a commie!

(J/K) ;)

Ya I kinda screwed up the reply with the potus thing but of course I make mistakes. He was given the presidency of Russia in 2000 and the dictatorship keeps going with many years left to him in power. Again a communist government is a dictatorship and its my opinion the changes made was they stopped the phoney crap that its a people's government. Communist in power they became so rich it turned to oligarchy so they could use their money and power without a commie government killing them as the elite.

Russian commies are playing the game the west wanted, they try to look more like the west. Yet a dictatorship isn't capitalism, it's cronyism with the power of the state saying who gets rich. A lot like what America turned into.
Its not really a dictatorship. Putin keeps getting reelected because well, quite frankly he is doing exactly what the Russians want. There is no real opposition to his parties rule. None that would sway the polls by more than a few points anyway. There is nothing Communist about it. He's just that popular in Russia. We hear about the opposition this and that but theyre really just fringe groups without a lot of following. Communism is a economic situation not a means to dictatorships. Plenty of non communist dictators out there. Again this comes around to the ignorance of what communism is/was in Russia. Having spent a lot of time there in the 90's and early 2000's I'd have to say they are about as Communist as Germany and less so than France.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top