JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The M1A1s, M1A2, M60A3Esomething? And Leopard, Challenger 2, and so on all have gyrostabilized, advanced optics and ability to fire their cannons on the move.. I think a couple.of these had the barrel straightness measuring things with lasers, for the computers to calculate exact trajectories...
Yes. That was my MOS.

I thought the Russians were supposed to invade Ukraine today, what happened?
Be VERY glad that it seems not to have happened. The slaughter on both sides would have been horrendous, and nobody wants to see that happen.
Ukrainians would have been fighting for their very existence and would have made Russia pay a terrible price by sacrificing themselves to do it.

I have Ukrainian friends in the large city just North of us - about two thousand ex-pats live there and have their own community that they share with anybody who takes the trouble to get to know them. They are wonderfully warm-hearted people, but don't rile them. They ARE Slavs, but Russians they are not, nor ever want to be.

Our 25mm guns and ammunition were developed from the 30mm GAU-8 Avenger of the A-10, at least the GAU-12/U 5 barrel 25mm cannon used in the AV-8B Harrier II, and the 25mm M242 Bushmaster chain gun on some of our vehicles
True, my point is the A-10 was designed as a direct response to the ZSU-23-4, intended to clear the Apaches' way to the T-72s and then mop up targets of opportunity with remaining payload.

True, my point is the A-10 was designed as a direct response to the ZSU-23-4, intended to clear the Apaches' way to the T-72s and then mop up targets of opportunity with remaining payload.
I seem to recall that the A-10 primary job was tank busting and close air support... at least before the Apaches became the main tank buster for the Army with its Hellfire missiles. I do remember the Joint Air Support profile basically having Apaches "below tree tops" and A-10s "above tree tops" when working in teams with the Kiowa Scouts before the Longbows..

Edit; it was designed around the 30mm cannon whose ammo was developed to hit tank armor up and above T-72s?

In the late '70s, the rearward-firing HMG on the commander's cupola of the T-72 MBT in the forward area - that is to say, East Germany - was there to offer some response to the A-10.

I was there to see it all happen and spent three years in BRIXMIS - 81 - 84 to do it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top