JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
P1000133.jpg

For sale or trade is a Russian SKS built in 1955 or 1956 at the Tula arsenal and then later refurbished at the arsenal before being exported to the US.

P1000134.jpg

Arsenal refurbishment almost always included the fitting of a new barrel. This one appears to be new. I bought the weapon "new" (meaning refurbished and then unissued) in the box many years ago but never have fired it, as I had several other SKSes. Both bore and crown appear to be new and perfect.

P1000136.jpg

If the SKS was in great condition before refurbishment, the existing serial-numbered-to-the-gun parts were reconditioned and re-used. All the serialed parts on this gun were re-used (receiver, bolt, magazine, etc.), except for the stock. The stock was replaced with a laminated unit. It has old serial numbers Xed out and the serial number for this SKS stamped in. This is typical for refurbished SKSes.

P1000137.jpg

I never fired it, but the SKS has picked up minor storage wear. This includes a few very minor flakes of finish off the stock and minor wear to the paint on the metal in a few spots.

P1000135.jpg

Overall, this SKS is in excellent condition inside and out and would be a fine shooter, display piece, or one to rat-hole and make some money off of or have "in case" for the future. I'm asking $350 obo.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.