JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Greetings,

Many of you have probably seen this, but some may have not. LAV coverage gives it credibility. Needless to say, not to be attempted/replicated, but interesting to see how far some training goes.

Wonder if the round into the dirt around the 3:50 mark (in slomo) was intentional.

Boss

Wonder if the round into the dirt around the 3:50 mark (in slomo) was intentional.
More than likely to gain distance from an attacker.

Still the dumbest video that I've seen besides politicians. I'd like to think their faces are blurred because they aren't Russians and are Americans doing stupid stuff.

Its GOTTA be intentional. He has another one, that I never noticed, (seen this a hundred times) at about the 4:47 mark.....

Even under the best of circumstances, there are still equipment malfunctions/defects or fliers. Nobody is a 100% perfect shot all the time. If true, this seems like a terrible waste of life and merely an advanced form of Russian roulette.

As they say, play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Even under the best of circumstances, there are still equipment malfunctions/defects or fliers. Nobody is a 100% perfect shot all the time. If true, this seems like a terrible waste of life and merely an advanced form of Russian roulette.

As they say, play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

As long as its happening over there, I'm surprisingly ok with it.

I don't want to see the bloopers/out-takes...:eek:

That being said, while this is waaaaayyyyyyy far past 'safe' training, it is interesting that some folks think they'll suddenly perform at peak levels 'in the real' world if they've only ever done square range drills strictly adhering to the 'no one forward of the 180' rule. Should anyone ever find themselves in a for real 'feces striking the oscillating electric wind generator' situation...there will more than likely be 'innocents', err... hang on, gotta put on my 'Operator' persona... 'Non-tangos' down range.

Around the 2.18 mark in this video, purportedly of US training, you can see a 'hostage' very close to a badguy target being engaged (IIRC, this used to be much better with AC/DC music):

That being said, probably the most renowned instructor I've trained with, who trains a lot of 'Operator' types, put it pretty well [paraphrasing]: Under conditions of stress, at best, you're 1/2 as good as you are under non stress. Meaning if you normally shoot a 1" group, under stress, you'll shoot a 2" group. I guess, however, 'stress' is subjective. If you're doing these things 'for a living,' after some time, it might become less 'stressful' for those types of folks. It would have to...you don't want somebody becoming flustered every time a door squeaks. Sorta like a professional race car driver probably sips lattes doing things at speeds that would scare the pants off most.

As to the round(s) in the dirt, probably only advisable when you're actually on dirt/soft ground...so maybe not the best training practice.

I'd post the 'How to be Tacticool' video, but that's definitely NSFW material...

In any event...discuss...

Boss

Last Edited:
I am confident that I will never try that "drill" , ever....

I have taken many a difficult shot....sometimes , just for fun , a few times in the hunting field...many times on the battlefield , 'cause I had to...
These experiences have shown me that good shooting is made from skill , practice of said skill and luck.

Videos like those shown in the OP and the moron's who "star" in them...do not help at all with promoting the image of gun owners being safe and responsible.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top