JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In all honesty I don't believe that Russia will "replace" their military small arms anytime soon, for obvious reasons (A: They were designed and are manufactured in Russia, and B: They have been in service long enough to gain a positive reputation). I do, however believe that Russia will continue to buy military equipment from the west as the needs arise, but that is to be expected, and hardly worth considering as news. If for some reason they do choose to replace their small arms I would expect the new designs to be of Russian origin.

The Pravda of today (pravda.ru) is not the Pravda that was the official newspaper of the Soviet government back in the day. The original Pravda was disbanded upon the collapse of the USSR, the pravda.ru simply adopted the name. It's most definitely a tabloid full of sensationalized and concocted stories. Pretty sure the Russians will stick to their guns, pardon the pun.

Posted for entertainment purposes only. C'mon guys - that's funny stuff. Don't take everything so serious. Smile once in a while. The idea that Russia would replace the Kalishnikov is ridiculous. The idea they would use French arms is even more ridiculous. Good job Mr. Nice Guy!

As a person from Russia I can say that it will be a cold day in **** before the Russian Military carries something made in the west. What they WILL do if they really have NO CHOICE is they will design a new system or further innovate on the AK design but they will never ever carry an M4 or a FAMAS.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top