Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Russia should replace Kalishnikov w/US or French arms?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Sasquatchvnv, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Sasquatchvnv

Sasquatchvnv Port Orchard Active Member

2. A.I.P.

A.I.P. UpperUS Active Member

It's Pravda fer Christ's sake!

3. Ranger90

Ranger90 Helvetia, Oregon Active Member

But I thought "Pravda" means "Truth" in Russian, so how could you argue with that? (sarcasm)

4. Ranger90

Ranger90 Helvetia, Oregon Active Member

In all honesty I don't believe that Russia will "replace" their military small arms anytime soon, for obvious reasons (A: They were designed and are manufactured in Russia, and B: They have been in service long enough to gain a positive reputation). I do, however believe that Russia will continue to buy military equipment from the west as the needs arise, but that is to be expected, and hardly worth considering as news. If for some reason they do choose to replace their small arms I would expect the new designs to be of Russian origin.

5. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

Did you hear? Satan was caputred by GI's in Iraq!!!

here's PROOF!
    weeklyworldnewssatancap.jpg

6. raftman

raftman Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

The Pravda of today (pravda.ru) is not the Pravda that was the official newspaper of the Soviet government back in the day. The original Pravda was disbanded upon the collapse of the USSR, the pravda.ru simply adopted the name. It's most definitely a tabloid full of sensationalized and concocted stories. Pretty sure the Russians will stick to their guns, pardon the pun.

7. Sasquatchvnv

Sasquatchvnv Port Orchard Active Member

Posted for entertainment purposes only. C'mon guys - that's funny stuff. Don't take everything so serious. Smile once in a while. The idea that Russia would replace the Kalishnikov is ridiculous. The idea they would use French arms is even more ridiculous. Good job Mr. Nice Guy!

8. 4Freedom

4Freedom Boise, Idaho Well-Known Member

And maybe we Americans should replace our Southern Comfort for Vodka? I mean cmon.. :bluelaugh:

9. andreys21

andreys21 Milwaukie, OR Active Member

As a person from Russia I can say that it will be a cold day in **** before the Russian Military carries something made in the west. What they WILL do if they really have NO CHOICE is they will design a new system or further innovate on the AK design but they will never ever carry an M4 or a FAMAS.

10. Spad

Spad Kennewick,WA, the desert side Active Member

Why would they want to carry and M4, they are not that stupid. Andreys21 has the right answer.....Spad