JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That is a scurrilous statement.

His observation and opinion. Personally though, I would tend to agree with him (in the context presented). I don't think a government, more accurately those at the highest levels who are calling the shots, give a rat's a*s about the people they send off to die in their sociopathic empire-building and empire-sustaining schemes.

Not really invaded. Russia moved troops to protect their bases in the Crimea. With all the turmoil in the Ukraine who can blame them.

This excuse minds me of 1939 when Molotov told the soviet peoples that their air force was dropping food to the poor starving Finn's. The Finn's labeled the cluster bombs Molotov Breadbaskets.

The Russian army is ten times larger than the Ukraine's, if Russian's wanted to protect their bases they need do nothing but prep the air force.

Polling of the American People indicate, very, damn, little support for our getting involved.

What just hit the Russian News
Good old Obama and Puppet Kerry, making the U.S. look like fools once again

The US Secretary of State spoke today of the unacceptability of invading a sovereign country on phony pretexts in order to assert one's own interests in the 21st century. But no, he was not speaking about the United States, as one might have thought.....

Although Kerry was never challenged by the interviewer to comment in terms of that statement on Washington's own constant threats to use force and military invasions in Iraq and Afghanistan, those who watched the interview immediately smelled the hypocrisy.

"Since when does the United States government genuinely subscribe and defend the concept of sovereignty and territorial integrity? They certainly are not doing that at the moment in Syria," Marcus Papadopoulos, commentator for ‘Politics First' told RT. "They certainly did not do that when they attacked Libya. They certainly didn't do that when they invaded Iraq. U.S. certainly didn't do that when they attacked Serbia over Kosovo and then later on recognized Kosovo's unilateral declaration of independence. The United States government merely pays lip service to sovereignty and territorial integrity, it picks and choses."

[/B]

When you cut and paste material in here please show the link. Really, are you trying to pass this off as your own work?

While the US has violated the concept of sovereignty in the examples given above, we have not used this as an excuse to grab land, and we were not acting solely in our interests, as there were other sovereign states acting as our allies.

But what, then, would be some form of bold, resolute action that will stop Russia from taking Crimea, but without any deployment of troops?

Kill Putin, make it look like someone else did it.
This is my suggested method for saving the US tens of trillions of dollars, a billion should buy one a fairly good hit man, don't ya think?

Kill Putin, make it look like someone else did it.
This is my suggested method for saving the US tens of trillions of dollars, a billion should buy one a fairly good hit man, don't ya think?

So, your solution to rid a country of their leader/president is assassination ?

Putin's FSB has assassinated many Russian journalists who were critical of him, he is all but a dictator anyway. His Kremlin owned and funded RT channel broadcasts anti-American propaganda internationally 24/7. I couldn't care less if something were to happen to Putin.

Last Edited:
The view from a rocket scientist -
One who worked on the Strategic Defense Initiative - better known as "Star Wars"

The Russian Reset - Chaos Manor - Jerry Pournelle

Crazy about the Crimea - Chaos Manor - Jerry Pournelle

Forced sale of Crimea? Learning math. Prince Igor, and the hearing log continues. And you must look at Freefall - Chaos Manor - Jerry Pournelle

"Perhaps we can send The Light Brigade?"
I only got this reference due to seeing Top Gear. On BBC America, their Ukraine episode aired a week ago. The Light Brigade went to the wrong place and was slaughtered.

The Charge of the Light Brigade
"Theirs not to make reply,
Theirs not to reason why,
Theirs but to do and die:"

So, your solution to rid a country of their leader/president is assassination ?

No, only if you can get away with it!

Example, we went to war with Afghanistan because they were protecting Bin Ladden. This war cost us nearly a trillion bucks (my estimate is more realistic than the govs), killed a lot of innocent people and many of our troops, allowed a group of corrupt cut-throats to take power, how much better to remove the irritant without inflicting so much harm and death?

Now I'm not saying that Putin deserves this same sort of treatment, yet, this isn't a trick you can pull too many times so you've got to reserve it, it is quite tried and true, older than Machiavelli. This is using great power, the sort of thing that may be common when drones are the size of microbes. Obviously, it must be put in the hands of our wisest folks, and not someone like me that would use drones to give Blazer opponents wedgies during free throws.

I'd have to say a good, humane, and responsible leader would use this approach rather than send armies to their deaths. And you know, after this happened a few times to the fearless leader types, I bet we would see much advancement in conflict resolution.

No, only if you can get away with it!

Example, we went to war with Afghanistan because they were protecting Bin Ladden. This war cost us nearly a trillion bucks (my estimate is more realistic than the govs), killed a lot of innocent people and many of our troops, allowed a group of corrupt cut-throats to take power, how much better to remove the irritant without inflicting so much harm and death?

Now I'm not saying that Putin deserves this same sort of treatment, yet, this isn't a trick you can pull too many times so you've got to reserve it, it is quite tried and true, older than Machiavelli. This is using great power, the sort of thing that may be common when drones are the size of microbes. Obviously, it must be put in the hands of our wisest folks, and not someone like me that would use drones to give Blazer opponents wedgies during free throws.

I'd have to say a good, humane, and responsible leader would use this approach rather than send armies to their deaths. And you know, after this happened a few times to the fearless leader types, I bet we would see much advancement in conflict resolution.

Maybe so, but this type of rhetoric will get you butt thrown in the slammer in this country......

We gots to sent Obama there to stand up to Comrade Putin.

Their guy our guy..........:s0155:

Obama-putin-1024x691.jpg

putin-vs-obama.jpg

Obama-putin-1024x691.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews