JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks to us in large part, Ukrainians own the sky.. particularly at night. Just imagine seeing all those glowing orcs and equipment in real time and now you have almost unlimited means to smite the bejesus out of them with 155's.
Ouch.
E1F73030-535D-4FD9-9E4C-D524E7025420.jpeg

So I was thinking how we thought Russia was a first-world military power until it was plainly shown that it wasn't got me thinking about the China/Taiwan situation.
Whole metropolises have had to be razed because of shoddy construction/corruption in China.
We've all heard about Chinese basic training.. where firearms training is comprised of firing one round, if that. There are youtube channels I follow that report that for years, soap does not exist, at all, in hospitals, all hospitals, for staff to wash their hands with due to corruption.
I'm thinking China is a paper tiger that would put the top-down fail card Russia has shown to shame.
Discuss.

So I was thinking how we thought Russia was a first-world military power until it was plainly shown that it wasn't got me thinking about the China/Taiwan situation.
Whole metropolises have had to be razed because of shoddy construction/corruption in China.
We've all heard about Chinese basic training.. where firearms training is comprised of firing one round, if that. There are youtube channels I follow that report that for years, soap does not exist, at all, in hospitals, all hospitals, for staff to wash their hands with due to corruption.
I'm thinking China is a paper tiger that would put the top-down fail card Russia has shown to shame.
Discuss.
I don't think that China is as corrupt as Russia, especially when it comes to government and moreso with their military.

They can't match up to the USA, especially with projection of power, but they are not a paper tiger either. Plus they have a LOT more people they can throw into the grinder if they choose to, and they have done so a number of times (e.g., Korea).

Discuss.
China is very much a paper tiger, from about 600 miles off shore! They lack the ability to project power off land, and their Navy is limited by the range of it's bunkers! They also lack training and experience, especially at operations levels. As long as no one gets within striking range of their coast, China is little threat! Sure, they have purty looking ships and planes, but, they lack the high tech and ability to use what they do have very much like Moscow does. Will they get better, maybe, but that takes time money, training and experience, something they are in a great big hurry to achieve, but at what cost?

Finland said it would apply to join NATO "without delay", with Sweden expected to follow suit, suggesting Russia's invasion of Ukraine will bring about the very expansion of the Western military alliance that Vladimir Putin aimed to prevent.

The decision by the two Nordic countries to abandon the neutrality they maintained throughout the Cold War would be one of the biggest shifts in European security in decades. Finland's announcement drew fury from the Kremlin, which called it a direct threat to Russia and threatened an unspecified response.

Here's what you need to know
about Finland and Sweden's path to NATO membership.

Poland has real backup now. If Russia moves on them, there will be NATO troops and equipment directly involved, not just stuff slipped in the back door and words of encouragement.

The threat is bluster, pure and simple.

Russia didn't send all those armored vehicles to Ukraine to be scrapped. They didn't send several young men in each one to be sacrificed to make the Ukrainians have to clean up a mess before melting down the steel.

If you want to understand what Putin's thinking is, read about the Second Battle of Grozny. Unfortunately for Russia, instead of one city, they are having to take on a modern, well-trained defense force that is defending a country the size of Texas. Too large and spread out for the Grozny plan of battle to be effective. Attacking a NATO nation would be incredibly counterproductive.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top