JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been running for just over a year and a half and I have gotten up to 6 miles in 65 minutes. It was a long hard road (no pun intended), I had to start with jogging about 100 yards then walking for awhile. I can tell the difference in my work, I can climb 4 flights of stairs and be breathing through my nose, while the others are trying to catch the breathe. It is well worth the effort.

Way to go! When I was running regularly (almost 10-yrs. ago) I too couldn't run 100' w/o puking up a lung at first, but kept with it every other day faithfully. After about 2 months I was up to 6 miles in under 40 mins. as I was planning to go back into the Army. That didn't work out as my life had too many loose ends, but dang I remember that I was almost addicted to running. I should start up again.

I used to run, but life got in the way. I've been contemplating starting again. I should.
And Branchbuster, you're kickin some butt. Good for you!

Enjoy running now, with age running isn't in the cards.

I disagree. People who maintain healthy activity often enjoy that activity up until some life-changing injury or death. A runner who runs intelligently and adapts to the changes their body will go through as they age can expect to run into their 80s or even longer.

I do a mix. I run, I cycle, I climb, I hike, I do calisthenics, etc... cross-training keeps the whole body strong, so that a misstep isn't as likely to cause injury, and poor form in one area won't cause long-term injury.

Just gotta be smart about it, and most importantly- KEEP AT IT.

I miss running. My body is maintaining from years and years of running. I know it needs it again. Just waiting for the body to break down a bit more before the brain breaks down with it and calls the conscience into shape and then I'll start running again. ;)

I still hate running... but (re)started a fitness regime a few weeks ago. I started with a 30lb pack, now I'm up to 90lbs, and I just brisk march it straight up hills, found a good trail that's 3 miles long, with about 1500ft elevation gain (and loss) over the course. Just got back from doing it with the 90lb pack, legs are burning but it's fading. Btw, before you say "wtf 90lb pack..." I'm 6'7, 300lbs, so it's not all that bad.

Last Edited:
I am 43 and started running 6 months ago for the fist time. I run on the treadmil and when I started 6mph for 1 min I thought I was going to die. Now my personal bests are an 8min mile and 28.30 for 3 miles. I really like mixing 10% incline at fast walk 4.5mph and 7mph run for 1.5hrs non stop. This has improved my cardio health a bunch. I am addicted:D

last time I ran,, was cause somebody was chasing me....seriously, though, good job,, I used to run a lot ,but my knees started hurting, so I quit,, I sure miss it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top