JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anyone see the update to this?

Kitty cat was a 4 month old at about 24lbs

Mountain lion Colorado runner killed was young kitten, officials say

Oops.. so much for a tough guy.
The carcass had been partially eaten by other lions, not uncommon. Estimated live weight was 35-40 pounds.

With sharp claws and fangs, I would have done the same thing. If it's gonna be him or me, I'd play dirty.

"Veterinarians who performed the necropsy could not determine the gender or precise size of the dead cat because other animals had fed on the carcass by the time rangers reached it. But the examiners surmised the cougar was likely a male that weighed between 35 pounds and 40 pounds (16 and 18 kg), authorities said."

Lion attack.jpg

I think he did ok, tough guy or not.

Average pit bull weighs 30-80 pounds. And when raised wrong can be really bad for humans. This cat was in that range, except super sharp claws and larger incisors. Based on the photo, I think he was a lucky dude who kept a cool head in a bad situation.

Totally agreed, he had to keep his wits and in a stressful situation like this some will freeze/flight or fight. He fought...kudos to him.

I say if I can survive ANY 40 pound "thing" latching onto me with razor blades on their hands and in their mouth I'm doing ok.

The carcass had been partially eaten by other lions, not uncommon. Estimated live weight was 35-40 pounds.

Good catch. I browsed on phone and posted, didn't see the note it was partially consumed. Ugh.. duh.

Having done a lot of hiking in the woods, I've picked up some survival tips. One of them is to wear a totally EMPTY backpack. If attacked by a cat, it will immediately rip through the backpack, curious what is in it. We've all heard that "Curiosity killed the cat." Easy fix.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top