JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I hope you are joking here? While it would be tempting to do so if some asshats were doing this behind my home setting out traps is a GREAT way to end up in court and lose big time. Few if any black robes are going to not throw the book at the home owner who does this.
That's why you pick a random area and keep your mouth shut. @sshats arent going to learn unless they get taught a serious lesson that make them rethink their lifestyle decisions and how the interact with the people they are harassing . The cops are useless. I think we all know that. Stupidity should be painful. Vote from the rooftops. Random 30 caliber holes appearing in engine blocks are also effective.

So was I!

Didn't mean we were dumb or anything, just that the teachers and schools were so fixed in the "Standards" of teaching that there was no way for someone with issues to get ahead, let alone even passing grades, especially when there was ZERO help or understanding of kids who were different!
Graduating from highschool was getting tossed to the wolves, you ether got into the trades, or joined the service, otherwise, you would be burger flipper of the century, or chief tire changin technician at the local Bobs Air Port, Hair Salon, and Tire center! Don't ever judge someone based on grammar, spelling or, writing style! It doesn't mean were not smart, it just means that the schools failed us, they failed to understand, or come up with solutions beyond the "Standard Learning" experience!

BTW, for some of us, English ain't our first language, so you can factor learning English on top of the above into life's challenges!

I struggled in school due to boredom, not because I couldn't learn with the methods the nuns were using. As a result, I was a disruptive lil chit. Got sent for a psych exam... turned out to be normal, but with an IQ in the "gifted" range. So the Catholic school kicked me out in the 6th grade. And when I went to gov school, I was so far ahead, and so high on the grading curve, that they didn't even give me the tests so as not to ruin the curve for others. And yes, I got in trouble there too. Learned quickly that the gym class teachers and the VP were very proficient with the boards they used to give us "swats". Got in a few fights. All good stuff. I survived.

Mike Reagan and many other interesting people have had the same experience.

However, if you see me misspelling today, it's because my mind is addled, I can't see the screen well, or I intended to "speak" colorfully. Was always the spelling bee champ. Now I struggle to understand some people's writings/points if the spelling gets too bad. I think it's prob best not to get too far out of the lanes. Not gonna bee the speelin Natsi tho, not me. That said, really bad spelling does trigger my OCD... my cross to bear.

However, if you see me misspelling today, it's because my mind is addled, I can't see the screen well, or I intended to "speak" colorfully. Was always the spelling bee champ. Now I struggle to understand some people's writings/points if the spelling gets too bad. I think it's prob best not to get too far out of the lanes. Not gonna bee the speelin Natsi tho, not me. That said, really bad spelling does trigger my OCD... my cross to bear.
While I was certainly not gifted my time in school was a HUGE waste of my time and the instructors. My attitude was you can force me to be here till I am 16. After that I am free. I must have caused a few ulcers :s0140:
Later in life went back to school a couple times and now since I was paying for it I got top marks. Now I cared. Last time I made student of the year. When I gave my little speech and got my award I said if any of my Jr. and High School teachers are still alive they are calling anyone who told them about this they are LYING. The ones who are passed are rolling over in their grave :s0140:
I am often playing here while I am "supposed to be" working. So I am often doing a few things at the same time. Now and then I look back on something I posted and think it looks like I was drunk it was so bad. I just laugh it off and often will "fix it". Same when I often post from my phone which I still have not come even close to mastering. It makes some great ones some times. :D

I just laugh it off and often will "fix it".

Me too. I'm always going back to fix posts. Sometimes I go WTF is that??? I think it's because my fingers remember keystrokes and my brain doesn't catch it or my bad vision doesn't. My mind says "any" but my fingers go "and"... just like a "smart" phone will do.

Same when I often post from my phone which I still have not come even close to mastering. It makes some great ones some times.

Auto-correct, auto-input, but voice to text is the WORST!!!

I don't even try to do this on my phone. Can't see such a small screen anyway. I hate texting but it is a convenient means of short communications.

I found getting out of high school to be a relief on the order of dropping a deuce after driving 500 miles. I got a Yamaha 250 to commute to community college and **voila!!** my life was changed.
3 years later I had a Knucklehead chopper with a jockey shift and suicide clutch and hung out with people who might be considered unsavory by the "normal" people. I had enough of Leave it to Beaver Land and wanted to see and enjoy some weird.
No regerts. :D

I got hauled into the principals office in high school. They wanted to know who I paid to take my SAT. I spent that year of high school hanging out at the beach. I literally had a worse GPA than the retards and my attendance was such that MAYBE I went to school twice a week. I was there to score chicks. Scored a 1420 on the SAT . Didnt know what it was when I took it but I loved taking standardized tests. Theyre so fun. Ive never seen anyone so bent out of shape as that principal.

Last Edited:
Thats where keeping your mouth shut comes in handy.
Screen-Shot-2021-02-07-at-9.47.23-PM.png

When I was a young guy, my friends and I would take our dirt bikes out to the Tillamook Burn area and race all day out in some beautiful country where nobody was complaining but the deer.

Last Edited:
There is no crime of brandishing in the State of Oregon
Wrong. Oregon just doesn't use the word "brandishing" any more.

I was on a jury in Oregon in the 1990s in which the guy was charged with a variety of things, one of which was brandishing. We the jury found defendant guilty of brandishing. Judge explained to jury what brandishing was when he instructed us.

Apparently Oregon laws have been revised or rewritten since. Brandishing is still illegal. But they dont use the word "brandishing." In the 2020 version of Oregon laws, see ORS.166.190, Pointing a Firearm at Another. Read it. Its identical to what used to be called brandishing and still is in many states. If found guilty the penalty is $10 to $500 and/or 10 days to 6 months in the county jail.

Last Edited:
Wrong. Oregon just doesn't use the word "brandishing" any more.

I was on a jury in Oregon in the 1990s in which the guy was charged with a variety of things, one of which was brandishing. We the jury found defendant guilty of brandishing. Judge explained to jury what brandishing was when he instructed us.

Apparently Oregon laws have been revised or rewritten since. Brandishing is still illegal. But they dont use the word "brandishing." In the 2020 version of Oregon laws, see ORS.190, Pointing a Firearm at Another. Read it. Its identical to what used to be called brandishing and still is in many states. If found guilty the penalty is $10 to $500 and/or 10 days to 6 months in the county jail.
Can you cite the case and which Circuit Court it happened in?

WTF???????

You're asking an "Old Broad" to either remember a case from 1990 or go look it up... this is a JOKE, right? If so, where is the wink or the /sarc notice?

I can't remember what I had for dinner last night, much less details from 30yrs ago.

Trial was in Corvallis, in Benton County, which is the 21st judicial district of Oregon. I don't remember and would have no records of case number. I think it was 1990s, but might have been early 2000s. My best guess would be 1996 - 1999. The defendant was charged with a number of things, including attempted murder. He had, in fact, shot someone in the leg. People getting shot in Benton County isnt very common. so that might be the easiest way to find case. I think crime itself was in Philomath area. Newspaper covering that area is Corvallis Gazette-Times.

Trial outcome was weird because jury was not given a list of options that included the worst the defendant had done. We/jury decided defendant had fired gun toward one guy to scare him, but had accidentally hit someone else. It was clear that nobody including defendant had known anyone was injured until several minutes after shooting. (Gun was a .22 handgun. Bullet was round nose. It looked pristine, so had gone through without hitting any bone.) Guy who had been shot didn't show any signs of having been shot and didn't tell anyone until several minutes later. Victim might not have realized he had been hit immediately. Witnesses said defendant was very upset when he found out he'd shot this other guy. Jury was given many options/counts to decide on, including attempted murder and assault of various degrees toward the wrong guy, the guy who was threatened but not shot. Shooting the injured guy by accident wasn't a choice. Jury was able to give a guilty verdict only on the brandishing. Judge was seriously unhappy. We the jury weren't very happy either. We would have been perfectly willing to find defendant guilty of careless use of a firearm, illegal discharge of a firearm, and injuring the victim with a firearm in addition to the brandishing. But those weren't options.

Last Edited:
Trial was in Corvallis, in Benton County, which is the 21st judicial district of Oregon. I don't remember and would have no records of case number. I think it was 1990s, but might have been early 2000s. My best guess would be 1996 - 1999. The defendant was charged with a number of things, including attempted murder. He had, in fact, shot someone in the leg. People getting shot in Benton County isnt very common. so that might be the easiest way to find case. I think crime itself was in Philomath area. Newspaper covering that area is Corvallis Gazette-Times.

Trial outcome was weird because jury was not given a list of options that included the worst the defendant had done. We/jury decided defendant had fired gun toward one guy to scare him, but had accidentally hit someone else. It was clear that nobody including defendant had known anyone was injured until several minutes after shooting. (Gun was a .22 handgun. Bullet was round nose. It looked pristine, so had gone through without hitting any bone.) Guy who had been shot didn't show any signs of having been shot and didn't tell anyone until several minutes later. Victim might not have realized he had been hit immediately. Witnesses said defendant was very upset when he found out he'd shot this other guy. Jury was given many options/counts to decide on, including attempted murder and assault of various degrees toward the injured guy. Shooting the injured guy by accident wasn't a choice. Jury was able to give a guilty verdict only on the brandishing. Judge was seriously unhappy. We the jury weren't very happy either. We would have been perfectly willing to find defendant guilty of careless use of a firearm, illegal discharge of a firearm, and injuring the victim with a firearm in addition to the brandishing. But those weren't options.
You need your own trophy!

Memory like an elephant.
Not many on here could pull this off. I should definitely start taking prevagen or neurex, but I'll forget I said that as soon as I open my refrigerator.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top