JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We're suppose to research stuff that sounds crazy. Right? I mean, we get pretty pee-off when the gun grabbers cite incorrect info to make us gun owners look like bad people? We need to be above that. Here's a little article from 2015 on the Alley Sweep. I'll quote an important part for those that don't read it so they don't sound dumb when they say alleys are private property.

For all the controversy that has surrounded this event over the years -- from irate neighbors, to the booming attendance, to the sudden limbo, to the recent vow of silence -- its core message seems unshakable: Riding through the alleys is 100 percent legal, and a lot of fun to do.

1) "there are no crimes in oregon."
Pretty soon gun ownership will be the only crime

2) "Old boy points a gun at some gypsy joker 1%ers , and spends next week pulling grip screws and barrel bushing out of his depends."
I have never had any contact with the Gypsy Jokers, but I was involved with Socially Alternative V-Twin Enthusiasts for several years. Therefore I recognize that these people are anything but 1%ers. If that clown had been so stupid as to pull a gun on real 1%ers he would probably not have survived. Ref. The Rolling Stones concert at Altamont for how that could be expected to go.

3) "People, stop and think about that for a moment before you go revving up that straight piped Harley or rice bike around strangers."
FWIW, straight pipes on a Harley aren't the best choice choice for performance. I have a 2-into-1 header with a Supertrapp muffler and it runs very well. It probably doesn't meet EPA noise specs, but it's not egregiously loud and the baritone sound isn't the irritant that a 2-stroke with unmuffled expansion chamber is. Also, I don't rev it to annoy people.

4) Bosozoku
I looked it up, and the cars don't look that different from the lowriders here. The bikes have their own strange aesthetic. They sure don't look like anything I ever saw in the real world, sort of a fusion of early Dragon Man sissy bar with a cafe racer fairing.
De gustibus non desputandum est.

5) "If it happened as described he was absolutely in the wrong. He should have used his garden hose because you alley riders are complete arseholes."
Bingo!! A garden hose is pretty much at the bottom of the continuum of force.

6) "Part of why riding in a big group like that is exciting and enjoyable is the group is too large for anyone to confront or object."
Yup.

Where no one plays thumping bass with music that comes right through the wall into the shower even,

My brother from anotha motha...

Yes I do live in a mighty fine neighborhood! I'm not real sorry others don't, but I'm not responsible for their personal choices of where to live.

MY neighborhood was, up until about 10yrs ago, a zoned "55 and older" community. And tho it's not anymore, we still don't have a lot of kids or young people here, and as a result it's pretty darn quiet. The quietest neighborhood I've ever lived in. When the guy down the block comes past on his Harley it is short lived, so I don't get upset. But when a NEW neighbor had a summer long guest with a younger gal and they repeatedly came onto the cul-de-sac with booming bass that jumped me up off my easy chair while I was trying to relax and watch TV, and left all their car doors open and the trunk hood open, I guess so that everybody could enjoy that scheite, I went and had a little chat with the new neighbor. Took care of that crap.

There ARE noise ordinances. To willy nilly ignore such in the selfish desire to "have fun" is, and I repeat myself, immature and selfish/dickish/douchebag behavior. I wouldn't appreciate such a ride in MY neighborhood, and I would be going to city council meetings and doing everything else in my power to get it stopped.

So, to the people that say, "It's just one day".... well, have your day of fun in ways that aren't likey to harrass others and disturb the peace. What is it we say about Open Carry? Oh yeah, just because it's legal doesn't mean they should do it. I expect more from adults.

Well okay, I was speaking only toward what I saw on the presented video. I guess other members here should post up the videos of all the heinous crimes that were committed in this latest ride? So we know what were dealing with. I'd still maintain that riding a muffled bike, at appropriate speeds through alleys is not illegal. At what number of riders does it become illegal?

Still appalled that members of this community think it's okay to point guns at people passing their property.
Hey Mikej,

I believe my stance that I've reiterated is both were breaking the law.

If you watch the video the number of times the riders went on the sidewalk, bike path, or clearly private property was pretty substantial.

The waving of guns prolly not the brightest idea.

Arguably both are the same level of crime according to the law, if you stack all the applicable crimes.

Not condoning any of the actions on either side.

I watched this for a second time. R-E-A-L S-L-O-W. there wasn't 50 bikes. With repeated stops and rewinds the most I got was, maybe, 20. I guess there could have been another 30 out there that never got shown on the vid, but YOU didn't see it. They weren't racing, or drag racing. Unless you call, maybe, 20 mph racing/dragging. And I saw one burn-out. But there could have been a whole bunch more I suppose that didn't get on vid.

I figure a bunch of you guys must live in some mighty fine neighborhoods. Where no one plays thumping bass with music that comes right through the wall into the shower even, or has insanely loud rice burners that offend the eardrums doing "drifts" in the intersections. Or have to see homeless anywhere within miles of your homes. I'd be happy to have a dozen of these rides a year going PAST my home if we could rid the this city of the lousy leadership and crazy progressives.

And I'll tell you, I'm not often ashamed of attitudes on this web site, but making ANY excuse that it was okay for old "Elmer Fudd" on this video to come out and point a gun at 20 some-odd guys riding PAST his his property on muffled trail bikes is effing pathetic. But go ahead and do exactly that next time somebody "Annoys" you. It might help OUR community when they take people's firearms away and prevent them form owning guns in the future. I know it would make me feel safer.

And your last last sentence? Absolutely true!
Sheesh relax, he was just neighborhood watchin' hes old school ;)
Seriously though think about it though, it may not have even been for/about what happened this year but last year. Maybe these guys payed for some past crimes. That's the way it goes sometimes. You gotta consider everything.

Not a single person in this thread said gun guy was in the right. That is a strawman.

After the year WE HAVE ALL HAD, seems like provoking the locals, especially when we are rapidly descending into utter lawlessness, it is just a plain, stupid, entitled, myopic and inconsiderate way to spend a peaceful morning.

I have every right to wear a MAGA hat to a BLM rally, but it is a stupid idea and I would get my bubblegum kicked or have to kill my way home. And if I DID get worked over, I am CERTAIN I would get all kinds of comments saying I was a fool to provoke them, and what did I expect, etc.

But I can guaran-damn-tee you nobody would say, "The Antifreak that beat you up had no right to put his hands on you.". o_O

Not a single person in this thread said gun guy was in the right. That is a strawman.

After the year WE HAVE ALL HAD, seems like provoking the locals, especially when we are rapidly descending into utter lawlessness, it is just a plain, stupid, entitled, myopic and inconsiderate way to spend a peaceful morning.

I have every right to wear a MAGA hat to a BLM rally, but it is a stupid idea and I would get my bubblegum kicked or have to kill my way home. And if I DID get worked over, I am CERTAIN I would get all kinds of comments saying I was a fool to provoke them, and what did I expect, etc.

But I can guaran-damn-tee you nobody would say, "The Antifreak that beat you up had no right to put his hands on you.". o_O
Amen brother, Amen. We live in a double stand world. Entitlements and participation trophies. Respect and treat others as you want to be treated, it'll add years and quite possibly many happy years to ones life.

At the end of the day, as it has already been posted, "play stupid games, win stupid prizes"

And in my best Forrest Gump impersonation...
That's all I have to say about that....

I've done alot of dumb bubblegum, especially on things with motors. I've never pointed a gun at someone, and never would unless in imminent threat of grevious bodily harm. That's next level bad behavior.

One is being an immature A hole, the other transcends being an A hole and is dangerous.

I've done alot of dumb bubblegum, especially on things with motors. I've never pointed a gun at someone, and never would unless in imminent threat of grevious bodily harm. That's next level bad behavior.

One is being an immature A hole, the other transcends being an A hole and is dangerous.
I can't argue w/ that. I also can't pretend to be surprised this happened. It's sort of like the short skirt thing. No, it's not her fault. Yes, she was stupid and contributed to her misadventure.

and never would unless in imminent threat of grevious bodily harm.
And neither would I, and probably most all would not as well.

Reality being what it is and while I do NOT agree with this 'ride' the riders were NOT out to intentionally threaten or harm anybody, so the bottom line is the guy had NO right to point the gun at them.

HOWEVER - let's just say he got a nervous twitch and pulled the trigger and killed the guy in front of him. He goes to jail for the rest of his life (most likely) and the biker who was not out to threaten or harm anyone, and could have been a friend of anyone of us, is dead.

Bottom line ? Common sense should dictate and even if you believe what you are doing to be harmless, (regardless of what it is) consider how your actions may affect those around you and how they may react.

In these times of 'heightened' concerns, fears and emotions fuses seem to be running short and maybe a good time to consider, 'discretion is the better part of valor' when thinking of any action that might irritate or infuriate people.

Like the old saying goes, "Two wrongs don't make a right"
But Two thongs make it.. "ALLL RIIIIGHHT!"

p-family-guy-sethm-stewie.jpg

For those who say that had they been one of those bikers, they would have shot the guy with the gun--

A self defense justification for shooting someone is always tricky. Part of what is considered is whether you initiated the problem in any way. Another is whether you at any point escalated the violence unnecessarily. Another is whether you had other options, such as just driving by without drawing a gun, like all the bikers in front of you had already done. I think at the. least you would go on trial for murder. My guess is that many jurors would feel that you were participating in an event that was at the very least a public nuisance, so started it, with the old guy having overreacted to and escalated the problem you started. I suspect many jurors would also think you escalated unnecessarily and had other options. There's no telling whether your case for self defense would hold up or not. Even if it did, the trial might leave you financially ruined. And after the criminal trial there might well be wrongful death civil suits from the old mans relatives; these require just a preponderance of evidence and a majority.

If on the jury at your trial trial for murder, I personally would have voted to acquit you. I think you have a right to kill someone who is pointing a gun at you. But I do not think killing the old guy was the wisest possible thing to do. Having the right to kill does not create an obligation to do so. I'm remembering the words of Gandalf speaking to Frodo about Golum in Lord of the Rings. Something like this: Does he deserve death? Probably so. Many who live deserve death. Many who die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too quick to deal out death in judgement."

Last Edited:
Must be the same MBAs who are always ready to lecture about ammo gouging being good for America because "free market capitalism "

No, it's the have not GED wonders who struggle to understand basic economics of supply and demand and cry like antifa that the world is unfair because they can't make it in life 😅

Then they think the sellers of said ammo are just trying to make their rent. When in fact their lake house is paid off and they are a landlord of a few rentals to boot. 👆

Keep winning at life though... 😉

My brother from anotha motha...

Yes I do live in a mighty fine neighborhood! I'm not real sorry others don't, but I'm not responsible for their personal choices of where to live.

MY neighborhood was, up until about 10yrs ago, a zoned "55 and older" community. And tho it's not anymore, we still don't have a lot of kids or young people here, and as a result it's pretty darn quiet. The quietest neighborhood I've ever lived in. When the guy down the block comes past on his Harley it is short lived, so I don't get upset. But when a NEW neighbor had a summer long guest with a younger gal and they repeatedly came onto the cul-de-sac with booming bass that jumped me up off my easy chair while I was trying to relax and watch TV, and left all their car doors open and the trunk hood open, I guess so that everybody could enjoy that scheite, I went and had a little chat with the new neighbor. Took care of that crap.

There ARE noise ordinances. To willy nilly ignore such in the selfish desire to "have fun" is, and I repeat myself, immature and selfish/dickish/douchebag behavior. I wouldn't appreciate such a ride in MY neighborhood, and I would be going to city council meetings and doing everything else in my power to get it stopped.

So, to the people that say, "It's just one day".... well, have your day of fun in ways that aren't likey to harrass others and disturb the peace. What is it we say about Open Carry? Oh yeah, just because it's legal doesn't mean they should do it. I expect more from adults.

You'll never get people who struggled through kindergarten to understand this. I had a thread on boom cars. Some of the fine folks here thought boom cars are ok.

One of them also thought videos of shootings made him an expert on wound ballistics. When I quoted and cited a Dr. who is a wound ballistics expert he didn't accept it because I'm not a Dr...some real geniuses here...😅

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top