JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Some riders like to help out:

FeedTheChildren-010.jpg

Some riders just like to be douches and aggravate neighborhoods.

Having grown up with an ally behind our house as a kid, I can see why this would be a great irritant. The guy was certainly way out of line and possibly criminally liable but I feel your group should cease this ally ride activity. Many areas with ally access have the bedrooms located at the rear of the house close to the ally. Someone that is ill or works the night shift would be really bothered by this. STICK TO THE MAIN STREETS.

So I took part in a motorcycle event that weaves through Portlands alleys. Some people may have heard of it.
In theory its 100% legal as the alleys are public right of ways. Just the usual legalities apply, speed limits, sort signs, registered vehicles etc. But that is on the individual.

I can get that the hum drum of motorcycles going through the alley is potentially a pain in the butt (bare in mind that 90% of people were out there with the kids waving and having a great time as it's a pretty entertaining spectacle)

But In one alley, a man came out from his house onto public property and pointed a handgun at riders heads as they went past. Handgun raised and pointed in one hand, rifle (maybe a .308 or 30-30) in the other. He positioned himself so people had to go around/near him, some riders being only a few feet away, most going about 5-10mph because there was some congestion. Basically sitting ducks. We were quite obviously motorcycle enthusiasts, quite obviously not menacing nor threatening. There was no political slant at all, we could not have been mistaken for Vegan ISIS or anyone out to cause trouble/damage.

I'm 100% for your/my right to keep arms, I have multiple handguns and rifles. However, this guy is seriously problematic. If some motorcycles riding through an alley that happens to be behind your property is enough for you to snap and go out and threaten dozens of people at point blank then I personally don't think you are fit to keep weapons.

What are your thoughts? I feel like no ones really snitched on him, we all just wanted to get on our way and leave him in the rearview but I do worry about people having future entanglements with this gentleman.
So I took part in a motorcycle event that weaves through Portlands alleys. Some people may have heard of it.
In theory its 100% legal as the alleys are public right of ways. Just the usual legalities apply, speed limits, sort signs, registered vehicles etc. But that is on the individual.

I can get that the hum drum of motorcycles going through the alley is potentially a pain in the butt (bare in mind that 90% of people were out there with the kids waving and having a great time as it's a pretty entertaining spectacle)

But In one alley, a man came out from his house onto public property and pointed a handgun at riders heads as they went past. Handgun raised and pointed in one hand, rifle (maybe a .308 or 30-30) in the other. He positioned himself so people had to go around/near him, some riders being only a few feet away, most going about 5-10mph because there was some congestion. Basically sitting ducks. We were quite obviously motorcycle enthusiasts, quite obviously not menacing nor threatening. There was no political slant at all, we could not have been mistaken for Vegan ISIS or anyone out to cause trouble/damage.

I'm 100% for your/my right to keep arms, I have multiple handguns and rifles. However, this guy is seriously problematic. If some motorcycles riding through an alley that happens to be behind your property is enough for you to snap and go out and threaten dozens of people at point blank then I personally don't think you are fit to keep weapons.

What are your thoughts? I feel like no ones really snitched on him, we all just wanted to get on our way and leave him in the rearview but I do worry about people having future entanglements with this gentleman. like we will have red flag laws soon, do you remember where he was? Just report him when that potato signs the EO next month.

What are your thoughts? I feel like no ones really snitched on him, we all just wanted to get on our way and leave him in the rearview but I do worry about people having future entanglements with this gentleman.
Sounds like we're going to have red flag laws soon, just report him next month and Chipman will take his guns away.

While I don't advocate someone pointing guns at people in public, especially for what you're describing I will point out the following:

People are sick and tired of rude a-hats everywhere, and constantly being bombarded at all hours by loud duct-fart exhaust from cars and bikes racing up and down and all over, loud car stereos playing schitty music, "homeless" zombies running amuck, and "mostly peaceful demonstrations". The Portland PoPo are not going to respond to loud noise complaints, or even to calls about packs of Mad-Max richard-craniums going through residential areas...

Some people are actually put into physical pain from all the "brrrrappping" and other loud noises because (for instance) they have severe tinnitus like I do.... you can only push a dude so far for so long when there's no other recourse.

Having said that... I ride a LOUD Harley, and I also tear it up on a Honda CRF450R that's also LOUD. I enjoy riding them IMMENSELY but of course, I have to wear ear-plugs when doing so, and when I'm driving through residential areas on my Harley, I pass through quickly and keep the revs as low as possible so I'm not rattling peoples' windows and teeth.

Just keep something in mind; when you're out with your buddies doing something "cool", generally speaking the only ones who are impressed is yourselves... seriously, nobody else gives a schit.

Again, I'm not saying the guy should've been pointing a firearm at you guys, but some common courtesy, and polite empathy towards others can go a long way toward NOT getting a gun pointed at you.

Here's my two screamers... ride smart.
View attachment 859033

This right here!!!

Many might not know that some hearing challenged folks can't stand loud noises (Hypercosious) whether they be bikes, cars, trains, lawnmowers, dogs barking, loud thumping Rap or chainsaws. Hell, I can't even stand to have my windows down in the car some days.

Stomper mentioned tinnitus, which in my case, it's 24/7 and it's so loud at times that I cannot even sleep. So yeah, not everyone is thrilled or exhilarated by your perspective of fun. People, stop and think about that for a moment before you go revving up that straight piped Harley or rice bike around strangers. Not much fun for others.

Last Edited:
If I may quote @P7M13 from a few years ago;
"It sounds like two fools met, and did what fools do."
Ha! You make it sound like I have wisdom. We musta been talking about someone's wedding.

Here in Portland some guy took issue with a fart can Honda auto going by his house and took it upon himself to spear the driver through the head with a steel rod, killing him.
In my best Nikolai accent, "Die! Like Trinity in the milliionth minute of The Matrix!

Many might not know that some hearing challenged folks can't stand loud noises (Hypercosious)
@Caveman Jim , thank you for that tidbit. Now I know why....

To the OP, I'm surprised that more people did not do this, or used green lasers. Did all you guys stop at the end of each alley before entering/crossing the street?

Last Edited:
The "good thing " about tinnitus , is that you are never alone...there is always some noise in your head.
Just kidding here...as one who also suffers from tinnitus , it can range from annoying to hurtful at times.
Andy

I don't blame him I place it on the riders. I have been riding 40 + years and you kind of riders make us all look bad.
So looking at it, these riders are committing the same level of crime as the guy with the guns. That is to say they are all criminal activities and neither are felonies.

I would wager as one of these riders you believe you are on public property but are not.

More that a third by my count of the "right of ways" on the video in this post are private and not public, many more are bike paths for pedestrians and bicycles, making it a crime to ride a motorcycle on them.

Now myself I wouldn't brandish a weapon at a bunch of morons on motorcycles, I would make sure my cameras with the license plate recognition grabs each one, look them up online and send each one in a neat little care package to the police, along with a cease and desist and notice of trespass to each jackass who ripped up my property 😀

You don't have a right to point guns at other people. That's assault, and is also a great way to get shot, because anyone who carries, whole engaged in legal activity would be well within their right of self defense to shoot someone pointing a gun at them.

That being said, people doing motor cycle races through alleys that are not designed for motorcycle races, I could see where some people would find that aggravating. Not everyone is that stable to begin with anyway, especially now after a year of statist lies and lockdowns.
Realistically it's brandishing, not a felony is most places.

Brandishing a weapon with the intention to intimidate is a no go. I'm a gun owner.
Group rides Hoonin' thru alleys and neighborhoods is also a bit dooshy. I also ride. What's the point of disturbing people?
Exactly, better ways to handle it, not like brandishing stopped anything.

Just get all the plates recorded and send each one to the cops with photographic evidence if you care that much.

Some examples of what people believe is public right of ways may in this case be private property in which case the riders committed a crime of trespass and potentially more and in that case let the legal ramifications be the threat, not the gun waving manic dude.

Personally, while it is his right, I do not think his actions benefit the 2A cause... Kind of like when gun owners wears body armor, a batlle helmet and packs an ar15 into a Subway sandwich store or a local public meeting to discuss the rates for residential water bills in order to "showcase" their constitutional right to carry.
That type of action may play well to an audience of firearm enthusiasts, but it alienates many voters... Does not exactly make them feel safer to see that in the neighborhood... That is the type of activity that creates voters for Biden.
So aiming a gun at peoples head is his "Right"? My question is why wasn't he shot..... My 5th rule of firearm safety, if you point a gun at me I can only assume that you are trying to kill me and I will execute the proper response.

Realistically it's brandishing, not a felony is most places.

Drawing from the holster and showing "I have a gun" with intent to intimidate is brandishing. Drawing from the holster and pointing the gun at the other person - that's not brandishing, and anyone who did that could legally be shot in defense of that action. Having just looked up the definition in RCW's that involve brandishing weapons, pointing the gun at others is not listed as part of brandishing.

Drawing from the holster and showing "I have a gun" with intent to intimidate is brandishing. Drawing from the holster and pointing the gun at the other person - that's not brandishing, and anyone who did that could legally be shot in defense of that action. Having just looked up the definition in RCW's that involve brandishing weapons, pointing the gun at others is not listed as part of brandishing.
And finger on the trigger, while not legally any different, shows a massive lack of skill/awareness.
It's possible it was condition 3 , but still irresponsible.

Pointing a gun at people is not ok but neither is riding around where u know u are annoying poeple and u are "technically legal".

To me it's common sense that you would be making people mad (I hope that is not the intent). Why do this? Go somewhere where u aren't annoying poeple.

Officer, I could not tell if his finger was on the trigger but his gun was pointed directly at my head and I was if fear of my life. End of story.

Then there is that case of the property owner in the Santa Cruz mountains who strung a steel winch cable across a trail dirt bikers where using, l believe he was convicted of decapitation of at least one rider

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top