JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Last Edited:
This was confirmed by FLIR on their official facebook page. The news is kind of a bummer, but it could very well let other companies fill the void in the civilian market.

I looked on their Facebook page but i don't see any responses from them regarding this. I do see a couple people asking about the rumor though.

We'll see..... money talks, and the "civilian" market is BIG money.

It may be for some companies, but it's nothing more than chump change for FLIR. Trust me on this one. I worked there for 10 years.

They have multiple Programs of Record with the DOD that are plenty lucrative and are a multi faceted company outside of the thermal side of things.

Peasants like you and me are the least of their concerns.

I looked on their Facebook page but i don't see any responses from them regarding this. I do see a couple people asking about the rumor though.

I believe it was a comment response to an inquiry about the closure of the FLIR OTS department . My information isn't direct, I just saw a screen-capture of the Facebook response on another firearm forum.

I don't know how credible these two are, but here's a youtube video I found dealing with this issue where one of the hosts appears to be associated with FLIR in some capacity:

Video Here

I think as usual, the people who whine the loudest couldn't afford their stuff anyway. It's like all the Sitka haters.

I can afford it, and I will eventually buy some hybrid thermal optics, but it isn't high on my priority list and as of yet, there isn't much talk about banning it, so I am waiting while the price comes down and the capabilities go up.

I heard about this the other night on the Dana (Loesch) Show. I was expecting some kind of non-committal company lingo about markets and focusing on DoD or LEO contracts, economies of scale, blah, blah, blah... nothing too shocking and nothing to get bunched-up over.
But, from what Miss Dana said, the board and CEO are anti-hunting (apparently, just of animals) and don't want their products being used by civilians for that purpose.
She was getting that information from somewhere... reading it. Loesch has her biases, but it's not like her to wildly conjecture or comment knee jerk-style on something like this.
I'm not a hunter and I don't aspire to own any of their products. But uninformed SJW moves chap my a**.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top