JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Stuck in a bind here. Took my Obsidian 9 out for the second time from a PCC tri-lug host and got an end cap strike. I filed a warranty claim with Rugged but they want me to ship the silencer back to them for inspection, on my dollar. Baffles are all fine, just end cap was hit.

The cost with 2 day air, insurance, and adult signature upon delivery is going to cost $65. Cost aside, I'm most concerned about the luck I have with packages getting lost. This one is harder to replace than most.

Just wondering if anyone else has started a claim with Rugged and had the same request to mail back the entire silencer for a removable, threaded end cap?

I've reached out to them for this exact reason. They mailed me a new front cap no questions asked. I didn't need to send anything to them.

Also, ruggeds trilug mount kind of sucks. Out of the many 9mms theirs seems the most wobbly and has the most play in it. I have one gun with a very tight fitting trilug mount and it pretty much got dedicated to that gun.

If the mount was deemed not an issue, perhaps they have legitimate reason to believe the suppressor might be off alignment wise. May want to double check with them, I can only speculate as you left a lot of details out of your OP.

1628897877583.png

Stop using gold plated boxes.

Even with insurance and tracking, you won't come near $65

I'd love to ship a cheaper method, but their warranty rep told me to ship UPS and use one of their "hubs" for the shipment. Said if I go to a storefront they wouldn't ship it.

I'd love to ship a cheaper method, but their warranty rep told me to ship UPS and use one of their "hubs" for the shipment. Said if I go to a storefront they wouldn't ship it.
Unless they're sending you a call tag for pick up, I don't know why they get to select the carrier you use. It gets to them just the same. If you're concerned about insurance not covering firearm related parts, you might have a valid concern with USPS since they love to inject their politics into their business format. I still don't know how UPS or FedEX Ground would get to $65, that's robbery in my opinion for such a small package.

I'd love to ship a cheaper method, but their warranty rep told me to ship UPS and use one of their "hubs" for the shipment. Said if I go to a storefront they wouldn't sho
Unless they're sending you a call tag for pick up, I don't know why they get to select the carrier you use. It gets to them just the same. If you're concerned about insurance not covering firearm related parts, you might have a valid concern with USPS since they love to inject their politics into their business format. I still don't know how UPS or FedEX Ground would get to $65, that's robbery in my opinion for such a small package.
$40 for ground, $65 for 2 day air.
That's with a signature and $800 insurance.

I'm honestly not concerned about the cost, and most concerned about the headache that would become if it was lost or stolen. Police reports, notifying the ATF, then hopefully the carrier would make right on the insurance claim and I could start my 8 month wait all over again.

I wouldn't send them anything if it's just an endcap. What's the price of a replacement? If less than $65, just buy one and leave the red tape out of it

I wouldn't send them anything if it's just an endcap. What's the price of a replacement? If less than $65, just buy one and leave the red tape out of it
My thoughts exactly. Was mostly hoping to hear others experience with similar situations.

Alignment is good, but if it happens again, it'll have to go back.

I'd love to ship a cheaper method, but their warranty rep told me to ship UPS and use one of their "hubs" for the shipment. Said if I go to a storefront they wouldn't sho

$40 for ground, $65 for 2 day air.
That's with a signature and $800 insurance.

I'm honestly not concerned about the cost, and most concerned about the headache that would become if it was lost or stolen. Police reports, notifying the ATF, then hopefully the carrier would make right on the insurance claim and I could start my 8 month wait all over again.
You have a good point. I would express those concerns to Rugged and see if they have a solution in the worst case scenario.

You can ship it ground. In a well packaged box. Or a hard case in a box. Thankfully it's not huge and can be broken down. Shouldn't be more than 10-20 dollars. If you get adult signature and extra insurance it might add a little. I don't see why you should spend $65 to ship.

Im still curious to why they even want you to ship it. I simply told them I had a front cap strike, and the chocked it up to my stupidity for using a no name cheap 3 lug mount. Lesson learned, buy name brand good quality 3lugs.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top