JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This has got to suck when you buy an item, relatively well known with a long history and then discover you have no more factory service available.

It's not uncommon and really depends on the 'particulars' of the acquisition of the company as to how service will be taken care of. Some companies will change ownership and very little will change but With Marlin however it became a complete shutdown and somewhat of a 'garage sale' item of equipment and remaining parts that had to be hauled off and re established entirely.

Last Edited:
Savage did the same. My brother in law once bought a used Savage 110 that had a flaw in the chamber. We called Savage, checked the serial number and were told it's not their problem and they won't even service the rifle...

Yeah, that sucked.

Understandable. Considering some of the crap Remington Outdoor was producing, I wouldn't want to take on that headache either.

-E-

It's always been understood that lifetime warranty never meant for your life , lifetime means the life of the company . This happened with Winchester as well as the guns made by Winchester and USRAC will not and can't be serviced by FN .

IMO it's reasonable and fair. If it had been an ownership reorg to stiff customers out of their warranty I'd be pissed, but Ruger is bringing Marlin back from the grave. I would expect the same policy from RemArms as well in their resurrection of Remington.

IMO it's reasonable and fair. If it had been an ownership reorg to stiff customers out of their warranty I'd be pissed, but Ruger is bringing Marlin back from the grave. I would expect the same policy from RemArms as well in their resurrection of Remington.
More accurately Marlin Firearms doesn't exist at this point . It is just a brand and nothing more.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads