JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I haven't looked to hard but I have not seen a new blued Ruger single six at any of the brick and mortar shops I frequent since the Wrangler dropped. Seen a couple of the SS single sixes but that is it. Those Wranglers are a lot of fun at a great price point.

Funny thing at the LGS today. I was picking up my latest CMP order when I saw this used New Model Single Six........for $250!!! I grabbed that up!

Has the Wrangler price point dragged Single Six prices down?

20220427_184933.jpg

-E-

Funny thing at the LGS today. I was picking up my latest CMP order when I saw this used New Model Single Six........for $250!!! I grabbed that up!

View attachment 1186988

-E-
You should feel awful about yourself stealing that single six! You paid 50% of fair market value in my opinion. Nice score and happy shooting!

With both cylinders even? Damn. And here I was thinking I got a good deal on one today- two and a quarter for an older one with "patina" and just the LR cylinder, but mechanically excellent. You got the deal of the day, for sure.

As much as I like the Ruger Wrangler, I'd take an old used Single Six for just a few dollars more, even one that's not pretty. The Wrangler is head and shoulders above the Rough Rider, but the Single Six is a big step up from a Wrangler.

Last Edited:
So I screwed up and ordered a left handed Ruger branded holster for this guy. Took Ruger forever to ship it, and I am still expecting a set of grips I ordered at the same time!

If anyone wants a Ruger brand leather holster (left handed) for their wrangler, let me know.

Holster is gone.
Oh, man, you missed a bet. Strap a LH holster on your right hip (butt forward) and practice the Curly Bill spin. The winters are long here in New England, so I can draw Bill Akins style with both strong hand and weak hand.

(Only practice over a carpeted surface. You WILL drop your gun until you get the hang of it.)

Oh, man, you missed a bet. Strap a LH holster on your right hip (butt forward) and practice the Curly Bill spin. The winters are long here in New England, so I can draw Bill Akins style with both strong hand and weak hand.

(Only practice over a carpeted surface. You WILL drop your gun until you get the hang of it.)
I'd only try that standing on my king size bed. Dropping my gun on even a carpeted floor would make me cringe.

I haven't looked to hard but I have not seen a new blued Ruger single six at any of the brick and mortar shops I frequent since the Wrangler dropped.
The Single Six is in *very* short supply this year. I recently talked to the largest Ruger distributor in the US and they told me they've only rec'd one (1) shipment of Single Six revolvers this year and it was gone within a day.

View attachment 1186988

-E-
Congratulations man, you did GREAT. I would have snatched that up too. As others have said the Single Six > Wrangler > that cheap one they sell at Bimart for $99..

I do like the new Birdshead Wranglers. I considered getting one to teach people to shoot with.

The Single Six is in *very* short supply this year. I recently talked to the largest Ruger distributor in the US and they told me they've only rec'd one (1) shipment of Single Six revolvers this year and it was gone within a day.
Serious?! I've got a like-new 5.5" that I'll probably never shoot. I need to find out the post count required to post it in the classifieds.

The Wrangler is a dandy little shooter. I bought one for the missus but after shooting a Bearcat, she doesn't want to shoot anything other than her Bearcat. The grips just fit her better than the Wrangler or Single Six.

Edit: Ugh. Not allowed to post in the Classifieds. I'm in New England. (I'm a member here because I spent my first 60 years in the PNW and I miss you guys.)

I picked up a Birdshead Wrangler about 2 weeks ago from BiMart and started swapping parts.

Bisley trigger, Single Six hammer, single six slotted grip frame screws, and an aluminum XR3-RED grip frame that I removed the flair front and back, then tapered the grips.

The gun is 3oz lighter than the zinc Birdshead grip frame and is a well balanced, handy 24.6oz.

1F143BC0-D002-4A74-82A9-D4AA4D2D1B60.jpeg EC15B4A8-1AD3-4097-90CC-74A4F82E346D.jpeg

I picked up a Birdshead Wrangler about 2 weeks ago from BiMart and started swapping parts.

Bisley trigger, Single Six hammer, single six slotted grip frame screws, and an aluminum XR3-RED grip frame that I removed the flair front and back, then tapered the grips.

The gun is 3oz lighter than the zinc Birdshead grip frame and is a well balanced, handy 24.6oz.

View attachment 1272480 View attachment 1272481
Your old Birdshead frame is very happy in its new home.

BHWrangler.jpg

As long as we're talking about Wranglers, Ruger recently released additional barrel lengths. Now they have 3.75", 4.62", 6.5", and 7.5" as well as a few more birdshead models.

3.75" birdshead:
1678298030875.png

3.75" standard:
1678297970933.png

4.62" standard:
1678298193957.png

6.5" standard:
1678298112868.png

7.5" standard:
1678298154668.png

While all these are tempting and I do have a couple of Wranglers, I still have a preference for my Single Six 6.5" convertible in fixed sight configuration, but the cost is higher along with the weight. Working on fitting a birdshead grip for it too to have the option. Pic borrowed from the internet but same setup:
1678298564784.png

Last Edited:
Always liked the Bearcat's looks, but never held one and they look REALLY small.

Single Six (same size as Wrangler) vs Bearcat "borrowed" from the internet:
1678303306382.png

Bearcat in a Ruger plastic box (again, "borrowed"):
1678303462290.png

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews