JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sellout.
Kidding... :D
I ordered some Rosewoods from ShopRuger.com only to be informed two days after I ordered them that they were now backordered.

Ugh. What gives eh?

Same as always happens when something new hits from them. When I bought my MKIV no one had mags for them. Only place I could find them was E-bay. It was a long time before they were no longer on back order at Ruger. Chances are the grips are to be found this way too. People will buy an entire production lot, then farm it out to make some bucks. These little guns are another big hit for Ruger so it will take them a while to catch up.

I was thinking about grips too. I've always loved the looks of smooth rosewood grips. I've probably been looking at the same ones you all are, on Shop Ruger and eBay.

I think I'm going to try my hand and making some. I've made grips before; very time consuming but they've always turned out nice. Now to decide what to make them out of. I have some scraps of purple heartwood in the garage somewhere. I wonder what that would look like.

Little more then on E-bay, would be $53 with shipping from the guy. Damn things do look pretty.
@ CLT65 too

Friday (Aug 2) before I left for vacation I was bout to cancel then I received an email they shipped.

They delivered (8th) while away and I put them on when we got back:

IMG_3310.jpg
IMG_3309.jpg

@ CLT65 too

Friday (Aug 2) before I left for vacation I was bout to cancel then I received an email they shipped.

They delivered (8th) while away and I put them on when we got back:

View attachment 609458
View attachment 609460

Those things are worth the cost. They really set off that lower end gun with great looks. I can see why they are selling so damn well. For the cost and the noted performance buyers are getting I can see why Ruger can't make those little guns fast enough for the market. I am NOT a fan of wheel guns at all and the price point, looks, and performance make me want one of these. Those grips are icing on the cake!!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top