JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Definitely. I would probably pick up a Vaquero if I shot SASS/cowboy action. I went with the Bisley Convertible so I could have big medicine for hunting or big game defense when afield and using the .45 Colt cylinder. Then I'm still able to practice/plink on the same platform affordably, with the .45 ACP cylinder.

I've always resisted the 45 Colt in my attempts to minimize my caliber selection and have stuck with 44 mag since I don't reload. The Bisley Convertible is the one that keeps me coming back to consider it in no small part due to the 45acp option.

I've always resisted the 45 Colt in my attempts to minimize my caliber selection and have stuck with 44 mag since I don't reload. The Bisley Convertible is the one that keeps me coming back to consider it in no small part due to the 45acp option.
I always thought it would be pretty trick to have two convertibles..obviously the .45 Colt/ACP and then one in .357 mag/9mm, which of course would also shoot .38 special out of the .357 cylinder. Five caliber options on two guns....Chya! Sign me up.:D

Wish I knew you were interested...I had mine at the Brown's Camp/Beaver Dam Rock Pit Cleanup last year. Let me know the next cleanup you attend and I'll be sure to bring it.:)

It makes 230gr .45ACP ammo feel like 9mm...Mrs. Bisley even likes to shoot it.

I'd be into that. I'm no longer a magnum anything guy, but .45 colt as long as it wan't a hunting round, would be doable i would think. I do plan on going to a clean-up or two this year for sure. Just waiting for the schedule!

Mike, old floon, you are dreaming.... $500 for a REAL SAA? I wish.

No, nooooo....I paid a hair over $500.00, not counting shipping/transfer, for a fine 116 year old Swede Mauser. And $600.00 for a Lee Enfield aged 100 years old. THOSE pieces have stories in them. That sort of thing is my current interest. Who knows what I'll be into in a year?

The Rugers are built like tanks. IMHO.....they are a good alternative to the "Italian Clones."
I always liked the Blackhawks as "workin' guns"... I packed New Models in .357 or .44 all over the central AZ Sonoran desert my younger, horse riding, gold prospecting, ghost-town hunting days. I liked the adjustable sights, transfer bar safety, and durability, even though they lacked authenticity. Still have a .357 NM BH.

The Uberti and Pietta "clones" are beautiful, IMO, but lack some of the Blackhawk's anvil-like durability... like the Vaqueros, they're more svelte-y. I picked up a Cimarron Thunderer (birdshead grip) in .357 a couple of yrs ago and it's one of those guns that I get a kick out of just looking at. I'm pretty sure my next revolver will be another SA, maybe a Vaquero. Really hard to go wrong w any of them, just depends on where one's interests lie.

I got the ruger Blackhawk bisley 45lc and 45acp and it shoots great .now need to get one in 357 mag 9mm wm_521956.jpg

I had my Ruger tier 3 old vaquero with added Bisley power custom hammer holster and belt for $450 NO TAKERS

Not doing that again. I shot my Hensley & Gibbs molded 307gr wheel weight Gas checked bullets that would smack anything in the lower 48.
Sometimes things do NOT sell.
Keep 'em.

I was on the verge 4 or so years ago of getting a cowboy gun. They still fascinate me. I haven't had a chance to really handle one much, and don't know the difference between, Bisley, Vaquero or any of them. I like to have a variety of different guns and not two the same. But at this time when I look at the price on a gun I have to pull back the trigger on for $500.00 I'm thinking that $500.00+ is dang close to buying a REAL 100 year old gun that IS original. Some day maybe somebody at a clean-up will have one in a light recoil caliber I can play with for awhile. That might do it.
For light recoil look for a 357, you can shoot 35spl for soft, or magnum for power.
The other option is a Ruger Single Six convertible in 22 magnum / 22LR noisy soft and not so noisy soft, your choice since you can easily switch cylinders from one to the other. Want a little more power look for a 32magnun and you can shoot the regular 32's in it.
Lots of choices, let your fingers do the walking, it's fun! LOL I do it all the time.
Doesn't cost much more than your time and NET connection. :D:D
Gabby

I had one of these just before I joined the Navy, and my dad would take it out in the desert near Tempe AZ probably towards Apache Junction. Anyway he had a stick with a fork on the top that he would rest that old cannon on, and blow the heck out of Jackrabbits on the run. I had it for a while after I came home from the Navy, but like a dumb but I traded it off. I wish I had it still!
Hang it on your belt and the muzzle would bang your knee! :s0015:
Ruger Blackhawk .357 Magnum, 1961, 10-inch barrel with eight lands/grooves, Flattop, three screw - Sportsman's Legacy, Fine firearms, related books and sporting collectibles. Representing estates, collectors and nonprofit conservation organizations.
Shot liking a flipping rifle!
Gabby

I had one of these just before I joined the Navy, and my dad would take it out in the desert near Tempe AZ probably towards Apache Junction. Anyway he had a stick with a fork on the top that he would rest that old cannon on, and blow the heck out of Jackrabbits on the run. I had it for a while after I came home from the Navy, but like a dumb but I traded it off. I wish I had it still!
Hang it on your belt and the muzzle would bang your knee! :s0015:
Ruger Blackhawk .357 Magnum, 1961, 10-inch barrel with eight lands/grooves, Flattop, three screw - Sportsman's Legacy, Fine firearms, related books and sporting collectibles. Representing estates, collectors and nonprofit conservation organizations.
Shot liking a flipping rifle!
Gabby
Geez! Looks like a Wyatt Earp Special. Speaking of which, my favorite bar & grill is owned by one of Virgil Earp's grandkids (or great grandkid, yeah, that's probably it).

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top