JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Im looking for a Ruger .357 Birdshead SA revolver, does anyone know where I can order one, or have someone do work on an existing .357 Vaquero/Blackhawk to have it resemble one?
Thanks

Like this?
PICT0004Medium-1.jpg

Aftermarket grip frame on a anniversary nmbh. The birdshead grip frame is hard to find right now. You could get a oem Ruger bridshead grip frame and fit that.

Yes that does work, I was able to find just the stainless frame from Midway direct from Ruger, I would just need the grips, and am hoping the mainspring from mine would fit it already. The current model I have is the .44 mag/special model, and Im positive the birdshead would improve the draw and shootability of such a potent cartridge, unfourtunatly im unsure of how the stainless steel lower would look when paired with my case colored frame and blued barrel.
Midway also has a hammer and spring kit that would convert it to the bisley hammer, and put in a nicer spring.

#1 Be very careful dealing with FGW. You may want to google them and read the reports.

#2 The bridshead is small, be sure you want it on a 44. If you go stainless you well need stainless screws. You need to pins for the grip panels and trigger return spring. Main spring does not interchange lock to non lock models. The Bisley hammer needs to be machined to fit a non Bisley grip frame. If you go Bisley, buy it from Ruger, it's 1/3 the price.

well i dont like the bisley frame, i like the birdshead frame with bisley hammer.
Idk, if id put the birdshead on the .44mag I think id be better off with a Crimson Trace on my .44 since without adjustable sights I havent been quite on target.