Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Ruger SR9c or SIG P250sc: Help me decide by tomorrow afternoon.

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by PlayboyPenguin, Jan 5, 2011.

1. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I am going to pick up either the Ruger SR9c or the SIG P250sc (two-tone) tomorrow. I just can't seem to decide which. I will probably own both before it is over but I can only get one tomorrow.

Which would you vote for to pick up tomorrow?

2. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

I would go with the sig - then again a friend is quite a smith that has worked for SIG in the past and would no doubt tune it up to perfection if I (or he for that matter) had the slightest issue/complaint about it.

3. motohead185

motohead185 Portland, OR Member

I would say SR9c just because it is easy getting parts.

4. rodell

rodell Newcastle, WA Active Member

Since you are already down the sig road, you might as well continue the journey and see where it goes..

5. candyman

candyman Scappoose, OR Active Member

i would go with the sig from those 2 but dont care for either
    and would take a xdsc over both of them

may i ask why those 2 ?

6. elsullo

elsullo Portland Oregon New Member

I want you to get the Ruger SR9c so that you can wring it out and give us a field report! It is much less expensive, and reported to have a much improved trigger over the SR9. It's on my short list too..........................elsullo :D

7. atypicalparkie

atypicalparkie sowfeast poetland, ohraygun Member

Hah like I've mentioned here before, an SR9C is my daily carry-- but I did not vote for either :eek:, only 'cos I've never handled or shot the P250SC.
    I really really like my sr9c but my choice was all about trigger feel, price, and reputation. PBP, like in another thread you put up today, I think the modularity of the SIG sounds pretty danged sweet & having all metal rails on a polymer frame does just seem like a good thing. 'Course that being said, my sr9c has been 100% with a whole lotta rounds down the pipe... and the price was crazy good.

*cripes how I do go on...* Now I'm gonna have to go check out the SIG :rolleyes: And hey elsullo, let's go shootin' and you can try out my sr9c!

8. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Hold off until the P290 comes out.

9. motoman98

motoman98 Gresham, OR Active Member

I have the Sig P250sc in 9mm and carry it everyday OWB and don't even know it's there most of the time. Shoots well, very happy.
    Tried the 250 in compact, both 9 and .40 in the same spot and they're too top heavy(more ammo in the mag).

10. PlayboyPenguin

That is looking like it is going to be May at the soonest. I can't possibly wait that long. :)

11. eriknemily

eriknemily Tillamook County (Cheese!) Member

Ruger. Only because I'm in a Ruger mood :)

12. PlayboyPenguin

I did end up getting the Ruger. I passed on the SIG because it had the old internals. I will probably still get it if I manage to sell the XD-40SC I have listed though.

13. eriknemily

eriknemily Tillamook County (Cheese!) Member

I hope a thoughtful review will be forthcoming. I really miss my SR9 and would consider getting the SR9c if the opportunity presented itself. The only thing I'd like to see improved/fixed is the mag release. On my SR9 the release was stiff and seemed to get worse with use. Lemon or or design flaw?