JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I owned the SR9C predecessor the SR9. I really liked it and only got rid of it for one reason. The grip was to long for concealment in my case. The new compact model definitely takes care of that. The only other problem I had with my SR9 was that the mag release button was really stiff. I couldn't figure out why or how to make it easier to operate. That was definitely not a deal breaker and I wouldn't be surprised if Ruger has solved that in the compact version. Good luck and happy searching.

I have one. I like it but the slide release can't be released with my thumb, I have to pull the slide back to release it. I think this is do to them using 2 springs to make this work on the compact frame. The more I get used to it it becomes more of a non-issue.

I have one. I like it but the slide release can't be released with my thumb, I have to pull the slide back to release it. I think this is do to them using 2 springs to make this work on the compact frame. The more I get used to it it becomes more of a non-issue.

Mine has the same problem. I'd like to hear if anyone has a way to fix that. Other than that, I have no complaints.:s0155:

Ditto on the slide release difficulty. I bought the SR9 and my dad bought the SR9c. Both slide releases are stiff; however, after a few hundred rounds, mine is starting to loosen up. I like both styles of the gun; the c is obviously a better concealment gun. I have to admit it is one of the best handguns I have owned.

+100 on the SR9C. This is only the 4th handgun I've owned, and the 2nd I've used for cc. I bought mine used for $329, and upon cleaning it before using, it looked like the previous owner had used road tar and sand instead of oil on it and/or had never cleaned it... but it cleaned up beautifully, works flawlessly with every ammo I've tried, and it carries comfortably all day. Nobody has ever noticed me carrying it.

I agree, the slide release lever is really small, but it's imho it's a really minor trade-off for an all around great cc gun. I've been looking around a bit to see it the slide release is replaceable with something aftermarket; no luck yet but again, it really isn't a big deal. FYI, it's not difficult to manually pull back the slide when you load a new magazine (or want to make it ready to fire if you choose not to carry it ready to go with the safety on), and I have Parkinson's, so I'm not exactly a big burly man as far as hand strength goes :s0114:

I haven't had any troubles with the magazine release (with either the magazines it comes with-- the 10 round one that I carry in it for smallest carry size, OR with the 17 rounder that makes the gun taller overall), and DANG I love the trigger feel.

*edit* I think I've put about 600-ish rounds through it now, I dunno how many the previous owner did. But true the slide release has absolutely loosened up since I got it.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads