JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
***SOLD***

I have been in the process of adjusting my collection lately, at least while I still can. I have a higher-end AR in the safe that pretty much sits there and could be something else I'd rather have so...

Up for sale is my Ruger SR556e AR15 rifle. This is one of the 'nice' Ruger AR's. It operates with a piston system rather than DI which allows the gun to stay cooler and cleaner during operation, meaning less fouling of the bolt. You can also dial an adjustment to the piston to account for different types of ammunition. The gun is very reliable. I've fired about 100 rounds since I bought it and have seen 0 failures using a variety of inexpensive 5.56 and .223 rounds. This is a fine AR rifle, one worthy of any collection. I have found myself needing to adjust my collection however, so I've selected this one to move on because it just sits in the safe.

Rifle features a 16 1/2" cold hammer forged mil-spec 41v45 barrel. Barrel is threaded 1/2-28 and capped with a Ruger flash suppressor. Lightweight ergonomic handguard, flattop receiver with full length picatinny rail in the 12 o'clock position. Flip up iron sights. 6-position telescopic stock on a mil-spec buffer tube. Chrome lined gas block and chrome plated piston. Includes (2) 30-round PMAG's and a Ruger soft-side carrying case. I also swapped out the OEM stock with a Magpul CTR stock.

You can check out details here: www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=GM447594

Price is $995 cash, firm. Buyer pays transfer/BGC. Transfer to be done at FFL in the Portland Metro or Vancouver area for WA buyers. If you have questions or wish to discuss purchase or trade, please contact me via "Conversation" (PM) here on the forum rather than posting in the thread. If you can make it to Oregon City, I have a local FFL that only charges $20 and that includes the BGC.

I will ship to your FFL, buyer pays actual shipping cost. Just be sure your FFL will take a gun directly from a private party, otherwise I'll ship from an FFL, which will cost more.

I'm looking for a cash sale, but I am interested in only one trade at this time - a Springfield Armory M1A, preferably the model MA9102 in the walnut stock. Definitely prefer a wood stock, but may consider polymer for the right deal. Not interested in the SOCOM model, models in 'tactical' stocks, and nothing in camo, etc. I can add some cash, but not a huge amount.

IMG_6464a.jpg

IMG_6467a.jpg

IMG_6468a.jpg

IMG_6475a.jpg

IMG_6476a.jpg

IMG_6478a.jpg

IMG_6484a.jpg

Last Edited:
Just curious where did you determine that the E stood for enhanced. Everywhere on the Web it indicates that the E stands for economy. Just curious as I own one as well. It is a good rifle. Never a problem.

Last Edited:
Just curious where did you determine that the E stood for enhanced. Everywhere on the Web it indicates that the E stands for economy. Just curious as I own one as well. It is a good rifle. Never a problem.

Good catch, I recall reading the term 'enhanced', but I just did a little looking myself it actually stood for 'essential'. Some folks use "economy", but Ruger did use "essential". Main difference was that it didn't have the Troy Battle Sights or all the rail sections, which saved about $300-$400 of the standard SR556 which was going in the $1,500-$1,600 range as I recall.

I'll update the listing for "essential".

Ruger SR556e "Essential": Ruger News (http://www.ruger.com/news/2011-04-29.html)

I was going to ask the same question as JRuby as I too have one. One of the differences was that the barrel is not chrome lined. I like mine, I just put a scope on it and am going to use it for long range shooting.

I was going to ask the same question as JRuby as I too have one. One of the differences was that the barrel is not chrome lined. I like mine, I just put a scope on it and am going to use it for long range shooting.

They are great rifles. You are correct on the non-chrome lined barrel.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top