JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Like the title says, I am looking for any info or personal reviews/opinions on the Ruger sr40c. I am thinking of getting one for the wife she has a Glock26 gen4 but we have been thinking of getting a .40 for her. I myself carry a gen4 23 and enjoy it and have thought of getting one for her as well but we saw the ruger and are interested in it but just don't want to buy on an impulse so we are trying to cover all the angles if you will. Any input would be great, thanks

I have a sr9c that is awesome. I used it in an OFA class a couple weeks ago and it performed flawlessly. There was a sr40c at the class also, and he didn't have any problems with his either.

The original pistol I bought had problems, it would not reset the trigger reliably. I sent it back to Ruger and it got sent back 3 weeks later with the same problem. They agreed to replace my gun with a new one and it has been perfect for over 1000 rounds so far. Ruger customer service is great if you ever have problems.

I have a sr9c that is awesome. I used it in an OFA class a couple weeks ago and it performed flawlessly. There was a sr40c at the class also, and he didn't have any problems with his either.

The original pistol I bought had problems, it would not reset the trigger reliably. I sent it back to Ruger and it got sent back 3 weeks later with the same problem. They agreed to replace my gun with a new one and it has been perfect for over 1000 rounds so far. Ruger customer service is great if you ever have problems.

Allfat, that was me, that was a great class, the folks at OFA put on a really well thought out class that flows from one skill set to the other.

As for the SR40c....I wasn't quite problem free, in fact I had a jamb 3 shots into the class and a couple of others through out the class. I really like this pistol although this is not the first time I've had jamb issues, I've already sent it back to Ruger shortly after I bought it and they replaced the extractor, which greatly reduced the jamming issues, but it is still intermittent, which I'm finding pretty frustrating. (I've put nearly 1000 rnds through it so I'm having trouble believing it's still in the "break-in" period)

Other than that, I really like the way this pistol shoots, it's very smooth, easy to conceal and if I use the extended mag, it feels like a full size handgun, even with my jamb issues, I still recommend this gun.

A couple of cents here for you. I'm another satisfied SR9c carrier. I love the single action trigger, and can't believe how well the gun shoots and handles for the price. My concern would be, for the lady, and the recoil of a .40 compared to that of a 9mm. I like to shoot a CZ75 in .40 at the range and the difference recoil between that heavy .40 and the SR9c is substantial. You might want to see if you can get an SR40c for the lady to shoot first, before buying?

Mike

Allfat, that was me, that was a great class, the folks at OFA put on a really well thought out class that flows from one skill set to the other.

As for the SR40c....I wasn't quite problem free, in fact I had a jamb 3 shots into the class and a couple of others through out the class. I really like this pistol although this is not the first time I've had jamb issues, I've already sent it back to Ruger shortly after I bought it and they replaced the extractor, which greatly reduced the jamming issues, but it is still intermittent, which I'm finding pretty frustrating. (I've put nearly 1000 rnds through it so I'm having trouble believing it's still in the "break-in" period)

Other than that, I really like the way this pistol shoots, it's very smooth, easy to conceal and if I use the extended mag, it feels like a full size handgun, even with my jamb issues, I still recommend this gun.

Woops, I guess I didn't catch those. When we were at the barrels, I didn't see you have any problems, so that is what I was basing it off of.

When I kept having my problems, I sent an email to the Ruger CEO, they have a link on their website. Not even 24 hours later (at 9:00 pm on a Saturday), I got an email from the head of customer service offering me a replacement pistol. That might be a route to try, especially if they have "repaired" it and it is still malfunctioning. I would not put up with a pistol that is not 100%, especially if you want to use if for defensive purposes.

I love my SR9c. Between 500-1000 rounds since I bought it last July and it has been flawless. Accurate too. The internals are very similar to a Glock. The trigger design and pull are also very similar. I recommend removing the mag disconnect. That was one of the first things I did to it when I brought it home.

I'm another satisfied SR9c carrier. I love the single action trigger
No... it's striker fired. Not single action. Pretty substantial difference there, but the trigger is nice and breaks cleanly like a single action would.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top