1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this week -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Ruger SR22PS

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Liberty97045, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Liberty97045

Liberty97045 Oregon City Well-Known Member

I am looking at the Ruger SR22 PS as a first gun for my daughter this Christmas.

This will be for shooting, not self defense.

I am a generally a fan of Ruger and have owned many. I would like to hear your thoughts and experiences with this particular variant.
  2. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

It is just a little too small to be comfortable for my hand, so it should be a good fit for someone a little smaller than an adult male with large hands.

I've plenty of very positive reports about this gun, enough that I still want one with a threaded barrel as a suppressor host. I've read that it functions reliably with bulk ammo.
  3. Peteralexander78

Peteralexander78 vancouver Slow is smooth, smooth is fast

Great gun on the .22 platform. Buddy of mine has one and my daughter who is 8 loves it. He bought it for his wife to learn on since she had never really shot guns before. My wife liked it too. I didnt mind it being too small. I can get a ok grip on it, nothing great but not uncomfortable. I plan on getting one or a walther p22.