JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Way more accurate. SR22 has a 3.5" barrel and a shorter sight radius. 22/45 has either a 4" or a 5.5" barrel, which is what most people get. Same as my Buckmark. Londer barrel + longer sight picture = smaller groups.

Guns and ammo reviewed the 22/45 lite and the SR22. 22/45 had groups as small as .85" at 25 yards with the biggest being 1.75" seems like 1.25 to 1.5" was the average.

The SR22's averaged in the 2 1/2 inch range at 25 yards. Fun, accurate, but not a target pistol.

I put some more ammo through the SR22,some Stingers,Yellowjacks and some Target rounds. Seems to be getting more accurate..Shot the SR22 back to back with a Ruger MKIII Hunter little differance in performance/patterns on paper. Way different feel when shooting the two though. The O-ring/Buffer took a beating but did its job no feed or eject-cycle problems. The Laser is fun but not needed. Still happy with the Pistol it is alot of fun to shoot.

Just an idea, does anyone who has done this "0-ring" mod think there would be any benefit from shaving a little material from the ring to make it thinner. It might still cushion adequately and have fewer FTF's.

Hello everyone. Brand new to this site and a brand new owner of a SR22. I got the gun about a week ago and bought a box of Federal auto match target grade ammo. Shot all 325 rounds and had no issues at all. I purchased this model as it was said the variety of ammo you could shoot was really good. Third time out I took 2 boxes of winchester wildcats. I couldnt get more than 2 shots off without having a ftf or the shell would not even eject and still be in the barrel. I was kinda ticked only because I have a nice supply of the wildcats and with ammo being hard to find. Stopped in a store and they had some bricks of cci standard velocity ammo and I grabbed the one limit brick. I was thinking that the lighter load (as compared to the others I have) would not work at all but I have to say the gun loves it. Shot most of the day today without any issues. I went back and grabbed some more. Its a shame that a brick of that is $50. I do hope it breaks loose and its more readily available even if it never gets quite back down to the $20ish a brick.

Sure do love this gun. It is actually the first handgun purchase of my life and I am 39 years old. Never been much into guns after high school....more into archery but I am loving shooting again!

Hello everyone. Brand new to this site and a brand new owner of a SR22. I got the gun about a week ago and bought a box of Federal auto match target grade ammo. Shot all 325 rounds and had no issues at all. I purchased this model as it was said the variety of ammo you could shoot was really good. Third time out I took 2 boxes of winchester wildcats. I couldnt get more than 2 shots off without having a ftf or the shell would not even eject and still be in the barrel. I was kinda ticked only because I have a nice supply of the wildcats and with ammo being hard to find. Stopped in a store and they had some bricks of cci standard velocity ammo and I grabbed the one limit brick. I was thinking that the lighter load (as compared to the others I have) would not work at all but I have to say the gun loves it. Shot most of the day today without any issues. I went back and grabbed some more. Its a shame that a brick of that is $50. I do hope it breaks loose and its more readily available even if it never gets quite back down to the $20ish a brick.

Sure do love this gun. It is actually the first handgun purchase of my life and I am 39 years old. Never been much into guns after high school....more into archery but I am loving shooting again!

How well did you clean the SR22 after that first trip out with it, mine only starts to have issues if it gets really dirty. Some ammo is dirtier than others, I think that federal gunked mine up pretty well. Check that barrel and chamber and scrub with a good solvent and toothpicks and qtips. I also recommend running a boresnake through at the end of a range trip while the barrel is still warm helps with removing wax and lead build-up.

-LazerBlazeR

I do a thorough cleaning job after every outing.....I will do what you said about a bore snake when the barrel is warm. Today with the CCI standards I had to re-sight it in at the plinking range at our club and was keeping 5 out of 6 in a 3 1/2" circle at 20 yards. I hope she keeps working like she did today!!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top