JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got my SIG Mosquito in april of 13,it's a F series and after a 600 round break in with CCI mini mags
it's turned out to be one of my best .22s. Never had any problems with FTL,FTF or FTE. Always smooth
and ready to do business.It can be a little picky with ammo, it dosn't like plain lead bullets, only copper
plated. Every thing else seems to work well.

...................................Jack

I Have Ruger mk2 target that I will never get rid of, it is an absolute tack driver. I had a walther p22, it was fun and accurate enough, for what it was.I sold it to a buddy that wanted it more than I did. I wish I had kept it as it was a great kids 22.

I'm late to this party but definitely SR22. I have one and it shoots anything I feed it. Stay away from the Walther. A buddy bought one brand new last year for his wife and I've taken him out 3 times since then to shoot. All three times it was jam-o-matic. I even brought about 5 different brands of 22 just to see if any fed reliably. Zippo.

I never had a single problem with my walther...other than it was the worst weapon to disassemble that I have ever tried to clean. If you never want to clean it then the walther is a nice looking pistol. Get the SR22

I've had my SR-22 for about a year and haven't had any problems with it. It feeds and fires anything I put through it. Nice little pistol, very happy with the purchase. Now if only I could afford a Sparrow for it!

I bought a Walther P22 for my wife years ago. It rarely gets shot, but is pretty reliable with CCI Mini Mags, so I have to save my stash of CCI for "her pistol". It digests CCI Blazers OK, too, but they are equally hard to find these days. I prefer my Ruger 22/45 stainless. Have never tried the Sig Mosquito, but for every lukewarm positive review I see a dozen very negative ones. I have never fired an M&P 22, but if they are anywhere near as fun and reliable as my M&P 15-22 rifle, I would have to consider one.

I have a Walther p22 bought it when they first came out... Great pistol needs quality ammo but one heck of a fun pistol... Lots of color options too including pink and pink camo

Btf yell-O

I've had my SR-22 for about a year and haven't had any problems with it. It feeds and fires anything I put through it. Nice little pistol, very happy with the purchase. Now if only I could afford a Sparrow for it!

That's good to know it will eat anything because I have a collective mix of 22lr now. SR-22 has my vote as the next purchase for me, got my eye on the SR-22 with the Crimson Trace on it.

I bought the threaded barrel model last weekend at NW Armory was 340 bucks. As 2gr8dgs Said it is one of the most comfortable pistols ive ever picked up. I have not shot it yet rain is pizzin on my parade hopefully this weekend will clear up.

I'm late to this party but definitely SR22. I have one and it shoots anything I feed it. Stay away from the Walther. A buddy bought one brand new last year for his wife and I've taken him out 3 times since then to shoot. All three times it was jam-o-matic. I even brought about 5 different brands of 22 just to see if any fed reliably. Zippo.

wear it in a bit. my short barrel liked to hang up rounds sometimes and it finally wore in enough to feed smoothly. light polish on the feed ramp will make it feed better.

I never had a single problem with my walther...other than it was the worst weapon to disassemble that I have ever tried to clean. If you never want to clean it then the walther is a nice looking pistol. Get the SR22

What's so hard about taking apart a P22?

Pull down the lever in front of the trigger, and pull the slide all the way back, lift up over the rear of the gun, and then move it forward and the whole slide comes off.

54a6c398fda9e1.jpg

put the spring and guide pin aside and remove the barrel nut:

54a6c398fdb66e.jpg

remove the barrel sleeve

54a6c398fdc140.jpg

remove the barrel

54a6c398fdcc34.jpg

No reason to ever take it down further than that for cleaning.

All of that said: My walther has been a fun gun, but it is cheaply made.

I had the slide break in half on me one day and hit me in the shoulder on the 3rd shot of the day when it happened.

Luckily I had the suppressor on it, so the spring, spring guide, and front of the slide didn't go flying off and getting lost.

However the slide did strike me in the shoulder, and obviously the gun was inoperable at that point.

Kinda wish I took a picture of it, but I didn't.

I took the gun back to the shop I bought it from and they shipped it off to the manufacturer. Manufacturer put a brand new slide, new guide and new spring on it for me and sent it back.

The real weakness of the gun is the zinc slide. Why they chose to make the slide out of zinc is beyond me, but they did...

Luckily I have a lifetime warranty on it. I'm sure the replacement slide will break again eventually.

Now keep in mind, I am not a light shooter... This pistol has had tens of thousands of rounds through it. it wouldn't surprise me if it has had over 50k rounds through it.

It has developed another annoying worn out spot in the lower section of the gun which allows the slide to have extra slop. this extra slop causes the hammer to not always get locked back after every shot. This kind of wear is to be expected though from such a heavily used gun.

Last Edited:
SIG is just ok. Shoots good poa poi if you have the correct height sight post, I only had the small, needed tall or med at least. Functions good with goldens, that's about it. Great accuracy though.

Ruger is himmmmm. Accuracy, will eat absolutely anything. Adjustable sights, to many pros there. I'm down to 2 sr22s now, had 5 at one time.

I have a Ruger standard '65 model a, 22/45 Lite, and a SR-22. I have the Lite and like the way it was so easy to change the sights, but for your daughter I think she would appreciate the SR-22 more.

I have shot all three and the mosquito was by far my favorite. The size for one is perfect for me the sr22 and the p22 are both tiny. The mosquito is like 90% the size of the sig 226. Also the mosquito was the most reliable for me. I had ftf and fte with the ruger and the Walther. My sig ate eerything I put through it.

I LOVE my SIG P228, so I bought a Mosquito.

That Mosquito is the biggest piece of junk ever made. I traded it for a P22, which is much better. But it is finicky about ammo as well, but MUCH better. Easy to dis-assemble.

If I were to do it all over I'd get the Ruger.