JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Trying to decide which .22 L.R. semi-auto pistol to buy for my adult daughter.
It's for recreational target shooting, not self-defense or conceal carry.
She already has a Ruger Mark 2, but it's too large and heavy for her comfort.
She likes the size, feel, looks and weight of the Walther P22, Ruger SR22 and Sig Mosquito.
What are your thoughts as to which is best?
- thanks friends!

Sr22 or MP22. Have shot them both and they are good guns. I have shot the p22 and it did fine, but the quality of build construction made me question its reliability down the road. I have not heard good things about the sig, and have not shot one.

the sig mosquito is the worst, most finicky pistol I have ever had the displeasure to shoot

the Walther is much better but a little finicky

the Ruger is the best of the three, haven't met a 22lr it didn't want to shoot and cycle......a pleasure to own

Not on your list. I vote Ruger 45/22.

Off your list I vote Ruger SR22.

Ruger does well when it comes to rim fire.

Definitely the sr22, just bought one myself. I researched the three you mentioned plus the m&p 22. Eliminated the mosquito because of reviews I read. Didn't like the grip on the m&p.
That left the Walther (I have two PPQs and love them) and the sr 22. Over all the sr22 seemed to get much better reviews and was less expensive. I picked mine up about a month ago New for $298 . It hasn't been picky about ammo and is lot of fun to shoot. Of course it's not as accurate as my buckmark, and it won't be as accurate as your daughters Mark II. But over all its a great little gun.

The SR-22 I shot was an insatiable PIG!

It absolutely ate every type of ammo we fed it, even mixed up in the magazines. You won't get that with a Mosquito or P-22.

I have had a P-22 for about 4 yrs now and love it. I have not had any issues with it not liking ammo I put in it.

I wish Ruger had there 22 at the time I would have probably bought it. I love the Ruger 22s and do not think you can go wrong with one.

Good luck on the search!

Go with Ruger or S@W for the only reason other than they work is the warranty/repair support. Which IMHO is always a deal breaker when choosing a product.

Just bought an SR22 myself, but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. Honestly, the main reason I bought it was I wanted a semiauto 22 pistol and already have an SR9 I love, so figured I might as well get its little brother! Even spent extra to get the silver anodized slide so they match, lol!

SR22 hands down, I've got one, took a baggie of mixed brand, ammo, and it fired it all, without a hitch. Plus, they are one of the most comfortable pistols I've ever handled.

I have 2 SR22s and WILL recommend this pistol to ANYONE! Never had a problem with any kind of ammo, even the stuff I found rolling around under my truck seat. It is comfortable and a joy to shoot. Never had any of the others, but now that I have these, I don't need to try anything else.

I have the SR-22, I looked at the 2245 light, based on ease of take down and style, I picked the SR-22 and love it. Accurate and no problems. I do need a threaded barrel. (it does have two grips for sizing)

I had a Walther and never liked it. Sold it and got a Ruger MKIII. For my hands, it fits and with a Sam's bushing and a Volquartsen sear, it's a heck of a shooter.

I would assume if you could find a Ruger that you daughter liked, that would give you equally good service.