Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Ruger SR1911

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Chromaflage, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Chromaflage

Chromaflage Oregon Member

So I special ordered one about 3 months ago - and nobody has a clue when they'll be in. So, what's the point of hyping up a new gun, selling a very few of them, then holding them back from the market. I just don't get this. Nobody on the west coast has these. Retailers blame the distributors. Distributors blame the manufacturer. Anyone else dealing with this?

2. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

Saw some in Cabelas in Springfield on the store shelf. Wait a while and the price will go down.

jj

3. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Bought mine "off the shelf" from Sportsman's Warehouse. I think that was April. Sounds to me like many people are buying these. So many in fact, that the stores either have waiting lists, or are selling them as fast as they can get them in.
    I do not remember any gun selling as well as this Ruger right off of the bat.

Crazy

4. tom sawyer

tom sawyer Seattle, Washington, United States Member

I just KNEW this was going to be the case, don't know why. That's why i snatched one at Cabelas months ago and paid a high price for it! ($749.00)

5. 22many

22many PNW Well-Known Member

I would say get you money back and buy through someone else. I have seen a couple at the gun show and apparently people (as posted) have bought them with no problem.

6. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Call Keith's. If anyone has them he would.

7. 22many

22many PNW Well-Known Member

And that would be exactly who's booth I seen them at while at the gun show.