JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently traded into my first 1911, an sr1911. I absolutely love everything about it and couldn't be happier to end up with it. I was figuring my first 1911 would be a Rock Island or something along those lines and I was evening looking into maybe purchasing one soon, so to end up with an sr1911 as a first was pretty awesome for me. However, there is one thing that kind of annoys me with the gun. The trigger wasn't fit very well apparently and it has quite a bit of play and rattles a lot when moving the gun. The aluminum bouncing against steel sound annoys the heck out of me. Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions for someone or somewhere to go in the Tacoma area to get a trigger upgrade? Or any suggestions for a specific trigger I should look into? Not looking to break the bank, just want something with a better fit more than anything

Thanks,

Aaron

Aaron, knowing first hand that your SR came from a 1911 loving home I too was puzzled with the play in the trigger. Though there is play on rest it is smooth for out of the box when firing .You can do one of two things, have the stock trigger refitted or buying aftermarket. I find Ed Brown to be of the best quality, fit and price but there are several out there to choose from. If you need a good 1911 gunsmith call Dave at Southridge and tell him Andy sent you.
Cheers

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top