Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Ruger SR1911 Dovetails Information

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by AKGrego, Nov 26, 2013.

1. AKGrego

AKGrego Kenai Peninsula,Alaska New Member

Can anyone confirm the fact that the dovetails on a SR1911 slide are cut to Novak specs???

2. TwinStick

TwinStick In the wind Active Member

I can't help you, but what part of the Kenai Pen. are you from? Kenai, Nikiski, Soldotna? I lived in Nikiski for a summer while I worked at a cannery. Unfortunately I haven't been back to the peninsula since 1996. I grew up in Willow and Wasilla. Good luck with your query.

3. AKGrego

AKGrego Kenai Peninsula,Alaska New Member

I am a dedicated "North Roader' from Island Lake Road in Nikiski. We are experiencing a boom time now with all kinds of new companies and new buildings to house them as they prep for the expected construction activities for the GLT plant and the re-opening of Agrium (Collier's). It reminds me of the old days - (early seventies).

4. TwinStick

TwinStick In the wind Active Member

Ah, good times. You probably know the family I have there. They are nearby and have been for a while. Red Dog Mine engineer and fam. Have a great winter!

5. jrprich

jrprich PNW Well-Known Member

I changed both sights on my SR1911 with Novak replacements. The front sight slipped right in, actually a bit too loose. But the rear sight was a PITA and I had to file down the sight some to get it to fit.

100_5502.JPG