Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Ruger SR1911 Dovetails Information

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by AKGrego, Nov 26, 2013.

1. AKGrego

AKGrego Kenai Peninsula,Alaska New Member

Can anyone confirm the fact that the dovetails on a SR1911 slide are cut to Novak specs???

2. TwinStick

TwinStick In the wind Active Member

I can't help you, but what part of the Kenai Pen. are you from? Kenai, Nikiski, Soldotna? I lived in Nikiski for a summer while I worked at a cannery. Unfortunately I haven't been back to the peninsula since 1996. I grew up in Willow and Wasilla. Good luck with your query.

3. AKGrego

AKGrego Kenai Peninsula,Alaska New Member

I am a dedicated "North Roader' from Island Lake Road in Nikiski. We are experiencing a boom time now with all kinds of new companies and new buildings to house them as they prep for the expected construction activities for the GLT plant and the re-opening of Agrium (Collier's). It reminds me of the old days - (early seventies).

4. TwinStick

TwinStick In the wind Active Member

Ah, good times. You probably know the family I have there. They are nearby and have been for a while. Red Dog Mine engineer and fam. Have a great winter!

5. jrprich

jrprich PNW Well-Known Member

I changed both sights on my SR1911 with Novak replacements. The front sight slipped right in, actually a bit too loose. But the rear sight was a PITA and I had to file down the sight some to get it to fit.

100_5502.JPG