JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
SOLD...

Ruger SR1911 10mm, model 6739

Ruger® SR1911® Target Centerfire Pistol Model 6739

I received it brand new and has remained unfired.

$675, and I'll pay the transfer at a local mutually agreeable FFL.

InkedP1000274_LI.jpg P1000272.JPG

Last Edited:
Back up for sale...

There are no secrets here. This is the 2nd one of these I've owned. My first suffered some serious issues.

They replaced the gun with this brand new one. I've not shot it.

Last Edited:
Ok. 1st and 2nd offers didn't work out.

Next in line folks are notified.

Ad is on hold until the dust clears.:cool:

Last Edited:
Because I'm still being asked, and because I don't want to be thought of as withholding information, I am sharing a PM that I sent a few moments ago...

There still are no secrets.

Originally, my (first) SR1911 10mm shot and operated wonderfully. Then, for reasons still without an explanation, the under-barrel lug cracked. Ruger quickly replaced the barrel, but I began suffering frequent misfeeds. I questioned at the time if maybe the violent barrel failure might have caused some other changes to the pistol, and I requested a new replacement, but Ruger didn't respond to this question. Sent the gun back to Ruger again, and they "repaired the barrel", whatever that means. Operation improved, but it still was plagued with feeding issues, but mostly with just a few different loads at the upper end of the spectrum. The powder puff stuff ran fine. In spite of polishing and tweaking, and spending hundreds of dollars on ammo trying to figure out the problem, I gave up. Davidson's gave me a brand new replacement. By now, I had just lost interest in the gun.

When my barrel failed, there were 6 or 7 other owners that suffered the same failure. Ruger never really shared any information about this plague of failures, and I've read of no other similar failures since that time. In fact, everybody seems to be very pleased with theirs.

Ironically, I've reported that my 1911 10mm was the single best shooting 1911 I've ever owned, regardless of caliber. Extremely accurate, and in spite of the cartridge, was still very pleasant to shoot.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.