JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am a little surprised that this semi-auto has not taken off and become a big seller. It fits the hand like a dream, looks good and the price is in the low $400 range.

I know the trigger is not as nice as the XD's and the Glocks but I would think someone has a fix for that by now.

Your thoughts??

My thought is that M&P is a vastly better American made striker fired pistol which has caught fire and can usually be found just north of $500.00 in its most common configurations.

The SR-9 has the same market problem that the Mini does--taken on their own they're good enough at what they do. Respectively compared against a Glock, XD, or M&P, or a basic AR, all costing just a little more upfront, the Rugers aren't really class competitive.

It had a major recall on it. Make sure this has been done.

I believe that was a trigger issue when the pistol was first introduced. It was resolved quickly. But I know the trigger action is not smooth like the XD-M for example.

I saw one new priced at about $439 and thought that it might be a great bargain for home protection. Might not be a competitive pistol but most gun owners are not into NRA Bullseye and other competitive pistol sports. So for the night stand, in the car/truck, general protection.....a good option.

I've got an SR 9 and I love it. Got it for $398 brand new. It may not have a world class trigger but it'll knock down cans at 25 yards so I'm thinking it'll knock down a BG if need be.

So far I only own 2 Rugers but i plan on buying more...

I just bought one a couple days ago, havn't shot it yet, but so far I like it. The ergonomics are nice, the grip is nice and slim (doesn't feel like it holds 17 rounds) and from the looks/feel of it seems to be a solid gun. A little on the big side as far as carrying for me but I'm a skinny dude. I also like the fact that the mag release and safety are ambidextrous. An underrated gun I think.

I just picked up the new SR9c compact version. Took it to the range last week, and I am quite impressed. Its the only compact that fit me well and feel is everything. After a thorough cleaning it swallowed two boxes of blazer brass and a box of Gold Dot.

I just picked up the new SR9c compact version. Took it to the range last week, and I am quite impressed. Its the only compact that fit me well and feel is everything. After a thorough cleaning it swallowed two boxes of blazer brass and a box of Gold Dot.

I was just looking at one of those the other day. Good looking pistol. I had the SR9 fullsize for a few months and it was my edc gun. I finally decided to sell it only because I wanted a compact version for concealment purposes. I really liked the SR9 and am thinking about getting the compact version. The fullsize is a great gun and I had no complaints about the trigger. I, however, am not an accomplished marksman so what do I know:confused:

I was just looking at one of those the other day. Good looking pistol. I had the SR9 fullsize for a few months and it was my edc gun. I finally decided to sell it only because I wanted a compact version for concealment purposes. I really liked the SR9 and am thinking about getting the compact version. The fullsize is a great gun and I had no complaints about the trigger. I, however, am not an accomplished marksman so what do I know:confused:

I have not shot the full size but plan on picking one up in the near future since the magazines are interchangeable. According to Ruger the trigger on the compact version is slightly lighter. I thought it was very smooth compared to my old P89

I got a SR9c recently and I love it for a lot of reasons: feels good, slim grip, accurate, thumb safety, the improved trigger is fine, loaded chamber indicator, no fear of Glock leg while carrying one in the chamber.

I got a SR9c recently and I love it for a lot of reasons: feels good, slim grip, accurate, thumb safety, the improved trigger is fine, loaded chamber indicator, no fear of Glock leg while carrying one in the chamber.

I agree, when I picked up the SR-9 at my local gun shop I too was surprised at how well it fit my hand. I think it is an underrated 9mm and the sales will pick up at some point. Just my personal opinion.

I feakin LOVE mine. It matches a bunch of much more spendy pistols in most ways, excepting the trigger. But my trigger is finally starting to break in too.
I am gunna get the compact at some point.
Matter if fact, I may get another sr9 in the future.