JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
I looked for quite a while without luck. This is what Ruger had to say about it

F8012191-0A3A-49CB-8E3E-57D6812799F9.png

Same here, been searching in vain for the .300 barrel kit.

I sent a nice message via the "tell the CEO" feature on Ruger's website. It was the main reason I bought a new-in-box SR-556 takedown a few months ago. Disappointing they did not make enough .300 barrels to match demand from the number of takedowns manufactured. It may not be a good business case to build more, but it would sure make a lot of Ruger owners happy.

I wonder how many of us there are that would buy one. 100? 500? Judging by how many listings are still active online that say "out of stock" or "backordered," I'm guessing they could probably sell a few hundred overnight and then a few hundred more as word got out over the next few months to a year. And maybe that's really conservative. At around $500 each, selling 500 would bring Ruger $250,000. And that's for something that's mostly solid metal. Got to be a lot less labor than building a $350 handgun.

I got one!! Someone on gunbroker was selling a new in box rifle along with the 300 barrel. I asked if he would sell separately and he did! Haven't shot it yet, but I will say it fits way tighter than my 556 barrel. It's actually a real bubblegum to put in and take out. Oh well, I'll take it!

I got one!! Someone on gunbroker was selling a new in box rifle along with the 300 barrel. I asked if he would sell separately and he did! Haven't shot it yet, but I will say it fits way tighter than my 556 barrel. It's actually a real bubblegum to put in and take out. Oh well, I'll take it!
Nice!

I set an alert in gunbroker to email me weekly with search results containing sr 556. After a few months of sorting through results of rifles only along with a bunch of mags and other parts, I finally found one! Best of luck.

After having it, switching out, etc., it makes me think of it as one of those kinds of products you don't see too often. Too much to go wrong, needs for repairs/customer service calls, too many opportunities for user error, especially if you accidentally grab a mag of 300's with the 556 barrel. Makes me wonder if Ruger made the decision to discontinue it.

I set an alert in gunbroker to email me weekly with search results containing sr 556. After a few months of sorting through results of rifles only along with a bunch of mags and other parts, I finally found one! Best of luck.

After having it, switching out, etc., it makes me think of it as one of those kinds of products you don't see too often. Too much to go wrong, needs for repairs/customer service calls, too many opportunities for user error, especially if you accidentally grab a mag of 300's with the 556 barrel. Makes me wonder if Ruger made the decision to discontinue it.
All that plus the idea behind .300AAC running in a short barrel, suppressed.

Am surprised Ruger dropped gas guns entirely, however.

Oh well!

I have two of the barrel kits available. It's the .300 BLK barrel and two magazines. Ruger part number 90455
Nice!

However due to your new status on here, and lack of bonifides, no would one should buy from you. If you even list them in the classifieds.

Sign of the times. Unfortunately.

That said, if you do happen to have bonifides which you care to share when & if you list them for sals, that's a different story. Bonifides such as, barrels listed on consignment thru x,y, or z reputable shop. Or some such and so forth...

Understood. They will sell. Sold one this afternoon for $900. I will probably list the one I have left on gunbroker if you're interested.

Same here, been searching in vain for the .300 barrel kit.

I sent a nice message via the "tell the CEO" feature on Ruger's website. It was the main reason I bought a new-in-box SR-556 takedown a few months ago. Disappointing they did not make enough .300 barrels to match demand from the number of takedowns manufactured. It may not be a good business case to build more, but it would sure make a lot of Ruger owners happy.
I have one barrel kit left if you're still looking for one. You can text me at (254) 366-9494

Toddivy is actually legit! I got my "NIB" barrel kit today! Nice to know that not "everyone" in the world is a filthy scammer! His honesty and willingness to share his good fortune was a real breath of fresh air!

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.