JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It looks like Ruger is now offering a suppressed barrel option for the 10/22. Info here. Looks interesting:

top.jpg

Silent-SR-Middle-2.jpg

The Thompson Machine integrals are for takedowns - you send them your barrel and they send you back the suppressed barrel. But last time I looked they were about $800, so yeah, the Ruger version is probably worth it. I would like to see a comparison - I bet it is very quiet.

Seems like a great idea from Ruger. The 10/22 takedown has had my interest lately as well as the Henry's Survival rifle. I think the Ruger may win for my wants.

Wife and I both have been looking real seriously at the Takedown too. If we get one it will be the LITE that's ready for a can. The Henry unless things have changed I would avoid. Have had a couple and been around a bunch of them over the years. Rarely see one that just works. They always seem to need a lot of tweaking to get them to work.

Wife and I both have been looking real seriously at the Takedown too. If we get one it will be the LITE that's ready for a can. The Henry unless things have changed I would avoid. Have had a couple and been around a bunch of them over the years. Rarely see one that just works. They always seem to need a lot of tweaking to get them to work.

From what I have read on the Survival Rifle the Henry's is the most reliable. And the Charter Arms was the most problematic.

But the Ruger TD is built like a tank in comparison, metal sights and barrel. Nice accuracy as well. And they make a standard model w a threaded m30 style flash suppressor. It's around the same weight as the light model but much less money. My 10/22 is too dam fancy for survival and it doesn't break down or have open sights.

From what I have read on the Survival Rifle the Henry's is the most reliable. And the Charter Arms was the most problematic.

But the Ruger TD is built like a tank in comparison, metal sights and barrel. Nice accuracy as well. And they make a standard model w a threaded m30 style flash suppressor. It's around the same weight as the light model but much less money. My 10/22 is too dam fancy for survival and it doesn't break down or have open sights.

It's been a long time since I have even seen one much less shot one so they may have finally tighten'd up the Quality Control then. I had tried to like them as I did like the idea. Just could never get one to work well at all. I don't think I ever got to shoot one but had heard that the originals made by Armalite were very nice. As so often happens the problem became trying to make them cheaper. Wife was also looking at a couple of the takedown Chargers to the other day. I had been trying to discourage her from these as I figure she was not really going to like it soon after buying. Now that I have found the place making the stuff to set one up with a brace I told her by all means buy one. If she does not like it I will slap a brace on it and it will be fun for sure.

It would be nice if Ruger sold the suppressor barrel separately and/or a shorter one for the Charger.
Market. If they can pass the law to take them off the stamp list they just may. If the law can pass the market will fill the wants, and that is something there will be a lot of "want" for. I would love something like that. Slap on the suppressor as a complete unit. It would no doubt sell very well.

Both my air guns have silencers that are serviceable and shoot very quiet. The wack of the .22 pellet hitting the critter is the loudest sound and is great for multiple shots. I would love a suppressed .22lr. One reason I got 10/22 TD that is threaded.
Now let's make them legal so we all can enjoy the benefits.

IMG_20170616_124606.jpg

Market. If they can pass the law to take them off the stamp list they just may. If the law can pass the market will fill the wants, and that is something there will be a lot of "want" for. I would love something like that. Slap on the suppressor as a complete unit. It would no doubt sell very well.

I don't know. Ruger has a habit (policy?) of not selling things like that separately. I was surprised when they recently started selling AR lowers - totally unlike them.

Either way, I agree with your assertion in general - if the HPA becomes law (crossing fingers and toes) then there will probably be a huge market for suppressors.

I have a threaded take down and it's my favorite 10/22 ever.

However, the best .22 rifle I ever owned was a Thompson Center semi. I can't remember the model number but it was quality all the way around.

I don't know. Ruger has a habit (policy?) of not selling things like that separately. I was surprised when they recently started selling AR lowers - totally unlike them.

Either way, I agree with your assertion in general - if the HPA becomes law (crossing fingers and toes) then there will probably be a huge market for suppressors.

The old man was the reason for a LOT of the stupid stuff they did. When he left the people who took over did not share his "honest man" views. They want to make money. If this law passes and they don't jump in someone else will. Either way the items will be on the market and I would love to have one.

The Keefe Report: An Integrally Suppressed Ruger 10/22 Barrel—From the Factory
You can get it in a takedown model now. And buy them separately too

Ive got the takedown thread heavier barrel rifle. If they start offering that same barrel for the takedown model I wil be on it like a hobo on a hot dog.

When Bill was alive I wouldnt wipe my bubblegum with a Ruger. Glad to see theyve pulled their heads out.

Ive got the takedown thread heavier barrel rifle. If they start offering that same barrel for the takedown model I wil be on it like a hobo on a hot dog.

When Bill was alive I wouldnt wipe my bubblegum with a Ruger. Glad to see theyve pulled their heads out.

Ruger seems to be moving in the right direction - I do hope that trend continues.

I like the idea, but don't think it would look right on the TD I own. May have to buy a synthetic stock model for that barrel. I like the wood and stainless on mine, as is:

IMG_0735.JPG

IMG_0734.JPG

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews