Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Ruger Security Six

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by John Brown, Oct 8, 2010.

1. John Brown

John Brown Seattle Member

Good solid handgun.

p1010801a.jpg

2. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Are you selling this and the Hi Standard, or just posting pictures of them? :huh: Not that I mind looking at guns.

3. John Brown

Just pics. Seeing if anyone else likes them.

4. Cougfan2

I indeed like them. I have a 6" Blue Security Six and a High Standard Supermatic Tournament Military. Both great guns.

5. John Brown

I like GP100's as well, but I always thought they were an unnecessary upgrade over the SS.

6. Cougfan2

Personally I prefer the Security-Six over the GP100. It just balances better for me.

7. RobertJ.

RobertJ. Seaside, OR Member

I love the Security Six. It was my first .357, and the second cartridge I handloaded, back in 1979. However, when the SP-101 came out, I had to have one, and the SS got traded away. It was one of those trades you kick yourself for later. Not that I didn't like the SP-101, it's just that the SS was extremely accurate. Now I have a GP-100, and I actually like it better.

8. Cougfan2

I have an SP101 in 3" as well. It is my go to carry gun in the Summer. I had it tuned, dehorned, beadblasted, and Hybra Ported by Gemini Customs and it is a sweet piece. :D

9. rmlarsen

rmlarsen Seattle Member

I have a stainless 4" Security Six I bought new in 1979. Great carry piece for walking in the woods.

10. John Brown

I had an SP101 but the trigger slapped my finger pretty hard.

11. mesinge2

mesinge2 Florida Member

Beautiful 3" John Brown

I prefer the Security Six to the new GP100, better balance and better lines.

My .357 Ruger Security-Six 4.jpg

Click Image to Enlarge

My .357 Ruger Security-Six 4.jpg

12. ArmedUrbanArtist

ArmedUrbanArtist Eugene, OR Member

My 4 inch stainless is pretty much my go to revolver. Hadn't shot it in a few years and had it out last weekend. First round out the barrel gave a pine squirrel 15 yards a way a hair cut... This was single action of course but I was quite impressed with the old girl after shooting a cylinder at a few old cans 20 yards away. :thumbup:

13. dawgfvr

dawgfvr Olympia, WA New Member

An excellent weapon! My first revovler was a Police Six...wish I never got rid of it.

Now, however, I own a 3 inch barrel GP100...a much stronger piece. After a little work done on by Gemini Customs and is an excellent weapon. Trigger work is now smooth as glass.

GP1003.jpg

GP1004.jpg

GP1002.jpg

GP1001.jpg

14. shlo812

shlo812 Centralia/Chehalis WA Member

Beautiful piece. I love Ruger's Service Six, Security Six, and Speed Six. All are great revolvers.