JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Would you be interested in competing in Ruger Rimfire Challenge? We would be shooting at Douglas Ridge Rifle Club in the Estacada area.

Ruger® Rimfire Action

The goal if RRC is to introduce novice shooters into the world of competitive shooting. There's no move and shoot or reloads and all done with .22LR. Typical event would have 8 stages (4 rifle, 4 pistol) shot 5 times each for time. Targets range from 7-35y with the goal being 90% of the shooters can hit 90% of the targets 90% of the time. Again, this is easy, family friendly, inexpensive introduction to competitive shooting. A stepping stone into 3 gun/IDPA/IPSC.

Help me out with some logistics:
Do you prefer Saturday or Sunday?
Monthly or quarterly match?
Would you prefer lower entry cost or better prizes/awards? $5 a gun; pins and certificates, $10 a gun; Ammo, Accessories ???
What would you like to see for prizes?

Most important: are you willing to help? I'm going to need a staff of 5 or 6 guys to work with me on this. I'll make sure everyone gets a chance to shoot but I need some committed people to work with. Shoot me a PM with your phone number if you're willing to help me put this together. I have the support of DRRC, NSSF and Ruger but I need some local boots on the ground.

Frankly I would love for something like this to be available in Clackamas County, and if I had the days off I would attend. Right now however it's just not an option for me, but a cheap competition for beginners would be a great way to try it out and see if I like it, or it's more stress then fun.

Would you be interested in competing in Ruger Rimfire Challenge? We would be shooting at Douglas Ridge Rifle Club in the Estacada area.

Yes

Help me out with some logistics:
Do you prefer Saturday or Sunday? Right now it doesn't matter as I don't have either day off and I honestly have no preference

Monthly or quarterly match?Quarterly would suit me initially

Would you prefer lower entry cost or better prizes/awards? $5 a gun; pins and certificates, $10 a gun; Ammo, Accessories ??? I would be fine with 10 dollars a gun. When it comes to awards, since it's meant to entice beginners not having all the awards based on performance maybe nice

What would you like to see for prizes? GUNS (lol no really), gear is nice, shirts and hats get kind of old, bags, ammo, training, something I can hang in my office or show off that not just a certificate

Most important: are you willing to help?

At this point in my life, no. I have other responsibilities to another club and cannot strech my time that much. Also, without having the days off I don't know how much help I could be. In the future (at least next year 2015) I could see myself helping.

PM me for awards, the wife and I own a trophy/engraving shop here in Vancouver.

Monthly would be nice but quarterly would make it easier for us super busy people to attend :)

Saturday or Sunday works

I would love to be involved as a shooter and a helper but at this time get my work schedule 2 to 4 weeks in advance and it rotates often. I'm a new member of DRRC and am hoping to become more involved with them this fall when time permits. Put me down as interested but "on call".

Thanks for promoting the idea.

I could help on the day of the shoot,and either day works . I"d love to see a rimfire challenge such as you describe.Keep the cost low,we don't need no steenking prizes,bragging rights are enough.NO prizes at the speed steel event at Tri-county,and they get plenty of shooters every month.

While I am all the way out in Hillsboro and could not help, I would love to see the Rimfire challenge work. Sundays would be best for my schedule and this would provide a great opening for my and my wife into competitive shooting (something I would love to get into).

Sodbuster

I would greatly appreciate this event! Is it just for shooting a Ruger, or say a 22LR conversion? As a Gun owner that has mobility issues, this would be something to allow us to compete. Assisting while able to compete is an option for me as well. :s0155:

If it was on a Saturday, I would love to help out and probably even shoot (would need to acquire a .22 pistol again).
Could probably get at least one brother-in-law to come help too (and shoot) and perhaps my other as well. It just can't be on the weekend after Labor Day weekend as I already have plans. I do love this idea more and more I think about it. (oh, and I'm now searching for a .22 pistol to buy or trade for my guitar).

I'm meeting with the planning committee Monday night and then we have to present to the board (there's a meeting the 29th).

Assuming a vote is approved on the 29th without further information needed then we need supplies and a date.

Supplies should be readily available. 28 gongs 8-12" in size, hangers, paint and 4 shot clocks.

Just glancing at the club calendar: Sat Sept 28th, Sun Oct 6, Sat/Sun Oct 12 & 13 and Sat Oct 26th are all potential dates.

Sat the 12th would be my top pick to make sure we have enough time to put everything together and do some advertising. Maybe meet up on the 6th for a mini shoot with volunteers to try to catch any glaring errors before the main event.

I may be overly optimistic here but I'm gonna try to make this happen :)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top