JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just what the title says.

I have one of those inexpensive Ruger Wrangler revolvers ... just because. It's a fun gun and a great starter for new shooters.

Anyway, the pawl broke at about 600 rounds. So I called Ruger a week ago Monday and got a return label. I dropped the package off at FedEx a week ago Tuesday. About an hour ago the door bell rings. The FedEx guy needed my signature to deliver the box. Out and back in 8 days and it seems to function perfectly. I'll make sure tomorrow at the range.

If you ask me, that's pretty stellar service for a sub $200 product.

Not surprising, nothing but good experiences with ruger myself. I had bought a used ruger .22 auto, called them and they sent a manual and a case out to me for free, in a few days. I tried to pay! A company that makes reliable, durable, affordable guns with excellent customer service is hard to come by these days.

This is one of the reasons I tell everyone I know to spend just a few extra dollars on the Wrangler instead of the Rough Rider, if they're looking for a cheap.22 revolver.

My new Rough Rider fell apart a couple years ago, clearly factory defect on a gun only a few months old. They charge $50 for a return label, and it came back to me with "negative" cylinder gap. Yes, the cylinder face was rubbing on the barrel. Amazing. :(

Ruger isn't perfect, but at least they stand behind their work better. The Wrangler is built more like a real gun too. Handle a Wrangler and a Rough Rider side by side and you'll feel the difference.

That's incredible!!!!!!

On March 3rd, 1986, I wrote Sturm-Ruger Inc asking where my tall foresight was - it had been 'packed' in an empty wrapper with my Ruger Old Army revolver.

Some time has passed, I think you would agree, but as of this morning I still have had no resplone. :(

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top