JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Another box down range yesterday and another hole in the web of my thumb. Not known as a fun shooter I realize, but would like to try a different grip.

Anyone know of (installed) an optional grip for the model 444-KRH? I've looked around on-line, but not seeing any products specifically listed as a replacement. The stock rubber grip is OK... but not great. I wish it were a bit longer for a full pinky groove instead of the truncated design.

Not sure why I missed seeing these. I went into the Hogue website yesterday. Looks like the one in the second link is a bit longer style than the one that came from the factory. I did read that R&R can be a challenge... think I'll make a trip over to my local gun store and see what they have and price for changing out. Thank you.

Grips are such a personal thing. I think that model has the Bantam grips made buy Hogue. I actually switched to those on a 7.5" Redhawk after trying several others. After rejecting the Uncle Mike's grips I sent them to my brother who loves them. It kind of sounds like you should try the Hogue Monogrip. I found it too narrow. I like the backstrap area to be wider to help absorb recoil.

It is the factory Bantam grip. The more I try it, I simply think a small circumference would fit my hand better. I'll measure the maximum girth on it and post that here. Maybe some on the forum with the other grips will be kind to provide like dimension and that will give me an idea whether the others are smaller.

+1 on the big Hogue grips! Came on my GP when I bought it, a purchasing factor it was.

I wouldn't shoot full power .357's from my GP100 without it. I have a nasty scar in that part of my hand this gets rubbed raw quickly without the grip.

I would get one on a SP101 if I had that pistol, or any other large caliber revolver.

The circumference on the stock Bantam grip is 5-5/8" around the middle finger groove and 6" around the ring finger. I used my wife's fabric sewing tape to get the measurement.

I noted 444-KRH in my original post, but it also is listed as model #5026.

OK, after speaking with Hogue and Ruger, the 86000 is the correct after market full mono grip for the model #5026 revolver (titsonaritz was spot on).

I picked one up at the WAC show last weekend and just completed installation. The stock Bantam grip is a bugger to get off. I found this video and two plastic putty knives/scrappers in lieu of the credit cards (guys don't carry that many credit cards) :D.

Once you carefully wedge the backside apart, you can slide/rotate the grip off. They slide off in an arc like motion -- there is an internal channel that aligns with the steel handle.

For the Redhawk, you pop-out the plastic plug to make room for the steel spring foot. Remove the rubber spacer and use a pair of needle nose pliers to align/pop-in the steel dowel. This took a dozen or so attempts and warranted a few select words. Once that's in, place the rubber pad between the handle and the spring foot.

With this in place, you align the internal channels and glide the grip upwards in that same arc like manner until its fully seated. Last is installing the screw through the hole in the bottom of the grip and into the spring foot. I had to R&R the grip a few times so as to get the spring foot thread to align for the screw.

The job took me about 45 minutes. The grip is thinner than the stock one and feels much better fit for me. It provides lots more support down to the heel of my palm and I think that will help greatly reacting the recoil.

The more I look at the stock Bantam, the more I question why Ruger offers that grip? Neither the Ruger or S&W .44 Magnums are typical conceal guns... but I guess for those that do, that's the most compact grip.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top