JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What a beauty! Super slick mods.

Yes, love my Redhawk in 44 mag with a 7.5" barrel:
  • Slicked up by a now retired revolversmith at WSI in Bellevue (now closed)
  • Added a red fiber optic front sight
  • Had it machined for moon clips by TK Customs too for faster reloads (uses SW 629/29 moon clips)
  • Love shooting at 25-50 yards.
View attachment 846319

Also love their other revolvers:
GP100 in 22lr
GP100 Match Champion in 10mm
LCR in 9mm

Some people might think I am a Redhawk fan. :)

Yes as a matter of fact, my wife does think I have a problem.

Redhawk-44-s.jpg

Last Edited:
I use Pachmayr grips on my Ruger Redhawk SS, 7.5" and Security Six SS, 6". I just bought a set of pachmayr decelerator grips for my Redhawk to replace the Presentation grips.

The Pachmayr grips seem to be the best fitting for me.

Just want you to know that I bought my Redhawk in Berlin in the R&GC there, run by Hartmut Rabel, back in 1981, and I shot it many many times between then and early 1997, when I had to decide whether to have it destroyed on hand-in, or deactivated.

I chose deactivation.

Of course, since it was no longer 'on the streets' as the then-Prime Minister, Tony B Liar, gloated, it was never used in the commission of any kind of criminality, but then the owner was a senior Army officer, and most unlikely to break the law, but hey, it's good copy, right?

Hold on, it was NEVER 'on the streets...'

The Red Hawks and Super Redhawks are very different models with different balances and different action designs. The grip choices for Redhawks are very limited. I ended up going with the Super Redhawk because I can find a grip that fits my hand.

I use Pachmayr grips on my Ruger Redhawk SS, 7.5" and Security Six SS, 6". I just bought a set of pachmayr decelerator grips for my Redhawk to replace the Presentation grips.

The Pachmayr grips seem to be the best fitting for me.
I just switched them over for that very same reason. It took a bit to find older ones without medallions that were still new, but I scored a set. Definitely handles better for me.

IMG_20210327_133656_841.jpg IMG_20210327_133513_622.jpg IMG_20210327_112909_522.jpg

The Red Hawks and Super Redhawks are very different models with different balances and different action designs. The grip choices for Redhawks are very limited. I ended up going with the Super Redhawk because I can find a grip that fits my hand.

The grip exactly why I sold mine. If it had the same grip as the Super Redhawk it would have been the best field revolver IMO. Loved it, shot it well, took it on dozens and dozens of back country adventures. It just never fit my hand right with any grip options.

1618282775679.png

The grip exactly why I sold mine. If it had the same grip as the Super Redhawk it would have been the best field revolver IMO. Loved it, shot it well, took it on dozens and dozens of back country adventures. It just never fit my hand right with any grip options.

View attachment 860734
Exactly. A 7 1/2" Redhawk was my first .44 mag. I never even fired it. I couldn't find a grip that fit me. I had owned many revolvers, and had never had that situation arise before.

My hands are huge for a female but medium size for males. I have huge wrists too--too large to wear female jewelry. As if someone said, "Make this one female. But lets toss in a few minor modifications so she can better handle .44 mag revolvers."

Last Edited:
I tried the pach grip i found it overly bulky. (I have above average sized hands) this fit was horrible. Took hours ti shave to just right. Only not to work for me

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top