JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've come across similar articles now & then over the years. At the time I was under the mistaken belief it was only some kind of marketing ploy.

re: the new Ruger rimfire target models....(breaking into sweat) looks like the old piggy bank is going to be plundered...uhhh....'inspected'....sometime soon....

although theres the bolt-scout style 223 there too....

. I was disappointed to think younger shooters had no such interest. Ruger and others must think otherwise, if they're willing to take such a market gamble.
I got a grandson that's about wore out his old single shot (nameless)....and he doesn't care for the 10/22 version....:D

Was in my LGS today and they had not one but two of the Ruger precision rimfire rifles on the shelf.... One came home with me for $415 + tax. Probably not as cheap as they will be in a few months but I am pleased to have the thing. Its beefie for a .22 but has a good solid feel. I think it will be a great toss in the truck gun, something that my CZ455 isn't.

Now I just need to figure out what to do for some glass for it.

Starting to think I should of kept my scope that was on the 10/22 that eventually ended up in @Kruejl hands for this little bugger.

I'm so screwed this year. Ruger dropping models left and right, marlin returning with a threaded 357mag, etc.

No thanks! I'm sticking with my Anchutz M-64 MPR .22LR Itty Bitty little groups are the norm with this one!

000_0113.jpg

Okay. Here's some accuracy updates. I temporarily replaced the pistol grip with another that allows use with a mechanical rest.
20180911_122517.jpg

These are 50-yard 10-shot groups!

The best accuracy was with Eley Club. For size reference I've covered each group with domestic currency. 8) Unfortunately, there was one very unexplained flier in this group that turned an otherwise 1/2" group into a 7/8" group.
20180918_092501.jpg
20180918_092650.jpg

Also acceptable was Wolf Match.
20180918_170128.jpg
20180918_092625.jpg

And less than stellar was two groups shot with CCI Mini Mags. Mini Mags do not live up to their legacy.
20180918_092544.jpg
20180918_092709.jpg

20180918_092528.jpg
20180918_092738.jpg

Okay. Here's some accuracy updates. I temporarily replaced the pistol grip with another that allows use with a mechanical rest.
View attachment 500354

These are 10-shot groups!

The best accuracy was with Eley Club. For size reference I've covered each group with domestic currency. 8) Unfortunately, there was one very unexplained flier in this group that turned an otherwise 1/2" group into a 7/8" group.

What distance were you shooting?

Interesting results, Mini Mags never do seem to be all that accurate. At least from what I've been told.

That's why you don't just go buy a box of Mini Mags and go hunting. Then complain about how poor the accuracy is on every .22 ever made. Find the high velocity ammo your .22 rifle likes and have fun. My 10/22 will shoot 1" groups with mini mags at 50 yards easily. Finding out what works best is part of the fun.

I've had relatively good results with Minimags and my Ruger American Rimfire.

7257efb1-3b6d-4385-8f26-99ecfff1e709-jpeg.jpg