JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a .22 RPR as well. Absolutely love that thing.

Curious as to those who take their shooting seriously with it, what have you found to be the best ammo for it? I have heard that CCI Green Tag and Elly Match shoot very well through it. I have had my best luck with Stingers so far.

Eley Club.
Inked20180918_092501_LI.jpg 20180918_092650.jpg P1060026.jpg

I cannot find my picture-proof evidence of my results using Green Tag, but it seems it was okay, but not as good as Eley.

Here's some Wolf Match results.
20180918_170128.jpg

And not the ammo dreams used to made of, Mini Mags are a crap shoot.
20180918_092528.jpg

Last Edited:
Hi Everyone,

I picked up a RPR .22 and have really liked how it performs. For general practice and plinking, I have found CCI Standard Velocity to be about the best compromise between cost, accuracy and availability. I am now considering a suppressor for it and was wondering what is a reasonably price unit out there for this rifle?

I know about the stamp and the ridiculous wait for a suppressor, so I was hoping to find out what are people finding that works the best for this rifle.

BVE

Hi Everyone,

I picked up a RPR .22 and have really liked how it performs. For general practice and plinking, I have found CCI Standard Velocity to be about the best compromise between cost, accuracy and availability. I am now considering a suppressor for it and was wondering what is a reasonably price unit out there for this rifle?

I know about the stamp and the ridiculous wait for a suppressor, so I was hoping to find out what are people finding that works the best for this rifle.

BVE
I paired my RPR with a AAC Aviator 2 suppressor and it is very quiet with all standard and subsonic rounds. It has been very accurate with CCI Standard Velocity and Eley gold label (not sure of the name now but about $18/50 round box).

Hi Everyone,

BVE
It has an 18" barrel, pretty much any suppressor will make it very quiet.

All steel 22 suppressors have better tones in my opinion than aluminum or titanium. However, it doesn't take much to suppress 16-20" barreled bolt actions.

Keep an eye out on Silencershop for silencerco sparrow. Usually $300.

Most are out of stock right now, but if you call Silencershop, they will let you back order anything.

How does it compare to the American Rimfire?
I outshoot my BIL's at 100 yards all day long but, the groups are comparable at 50 yards and under. As a side note though, my groups are better with both guns than his as he doesn't shoot much, probably because he's too busy voting for Biden LOL!

Read above. First post.

You do say it lives up to the hype (so I assume, as good as the RAR), and that you would buy it again, but nothing more in direct comparison.

I'm sorry for the confusion, because I was imprecise in my question about how it compares - is it better than your RAR, and if so, how much better?

I outshoot my BIL's at 100 yards all day long but, the groups are comparable at 50 yards and under. As a side note though, my groups are better with both guns than his as he doesn't shoot much, probably because he's too busy voting for Biden LOL!
That gave me my morning chuckle. Thank you.

Question for you 22 bench rest rifle guys. Do you clean it?:eek: I just bought a CZ 457 and I'm being told
not to clean it. Club 22 bench rest shooters tell me it will take about 200 rounds to settle in and shoot
good groups. And shoot only standard velocity lead 22 'Target'. Clean only after accuracy declines about
1 thousand rounds. :oops:

You do say it lives up to the hype (so I assume, as good as the RAR), and that you would buy it again, but nothing more in direct comparison.

I'm sorry for the confusion, because I was imprecise in my question about how it compares - is it better than your RAR, and if so, how much better?

It's all good, we love questions and clarification on this board.

#1: the Rimfire I have in stainless, is an AMAZING shooter. It is what really got me back into .22LR and some fun plinking. I could hit a 12" plate out at 200y using CCI standards. I Could sometimes get it down to the 4" plate if there was no wind. Completely reliable rifle. I would buy another if they were in the wild just because.

#2: the RAR needed to live up to the accuracy of the American. It did but it did not 'surpass' the accuracy of the American. Since I'm a sucker for sets, I had to complete the set of RAR's. The only benefit I see for accuracy on the RAR over the American is the floating barrel, although it is heavier, it makes no difference with the .22LR caliber.

One rifle does not outshoot the other. They are on an equal playing field. The Bergara on the other hand, puts rounds in the damn near same hole at 50y with match ammo.

Question for you 22 bench rest rifle guys. Do you clean it?:eek: I just bought a CZ 457 and I'm being told
not to clean it. Club 22 bench rest shooters tell me it will take about 200 rounds to settle in and shoot
good groups. And shoot only standard velocity lead 22 'Target'. Clean only after accuracy declines about
1 thousand rounds. :oops:
I don't clean.
I run a bore snake through every so often, not enough that I keep track of when I do it just "when I remember".

It's all good, we love questions and clarification on this board.

#1: the Rimfire I have in stainless, is an AMAZING shooter. It is what really got me back into .22LR and some fun plinking. I could hit a 12" plate out at 200y using CCI standards. I Could sometimes get it down to the 4" plate if there was no wind. Completely reliable rifle. I would buy another if they were in the wild just because.

#2: the RAR needed to live up to the accuracy of the American. It did but it did not 'surpass' the accuracy of the American. Since I'm a sucker for sets, I had to complete the set of RAR's. The only benefit I see for accuracy on the RAR over the American is the floating barrel, although it is heavier, it makes no difference with the .22LR caliber.

One rifle does not outshoot the other. They are on an equal playing field. The Bergara on the other hand, puts rounds in the damn near same hole at 50y with match ammo.
Did you end up getting the bolt action Bergara? I recall you getting their 10/22 clone.

I sold my RAR, and have been heavily considering that Bergara (the bolty).

Did you end up getting the bolt action Bergara? I recall you getting their 10/22 clone.

I sold my RAR, and have been heavily considering that Bergara (the bolty).
I have not picked one up yet. They were still in the unobtanium form last time I had the scratch to drop on one.

and at $950 + shipping & FFL... it may be a while. I did get grilled by the wife last night to divulge my most expensive item in the safe. We were considering switching insurance companies and needed addition to cover what's in the safe when the gal choked on the phone for our assessment to replace what's in there.

I just got a Tikka T1X with a 16" barrel, turned the trigger down to 1 3/4 lbs and mounted a 6x24 bushnell scope on it and it shoots great, I'm left handed and bought the right hand model to play with until the left hand model comes out.

Finally put the Leopold 3x9x50 that I purchased from @Reno on the flag series today. Mounted it with a 1 piece Leopold AR mount. Here is a picture with its brother. Ready to go hit the rock quarry next weekend unless it is pouring down rain. 20201205_154841.jpg

Last Edited: