JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes and the polymer version is ok, only the aluminum bolt shrouds are object of concern in this bulletin.

Yeah, and looks as though it is only a certain number of builds in the gen 2 as well. At least what I can glean from the recall info.

Yup recalls suck.

But at least they (Ruger) recognize a problem and mitigate it asap. Probably nothing they could have recognized during R&D. Also the problem, so they state, would mitigate on its own as one seasoons/breaks in there barrel.

However, all it would take is some Jim Bob going "hey Barney, my rifle didn't shoot--look here while Jim Bob points it at Barneys kid and BLAM!"

I understand the frustration with recalls, but I love Ruger Products. Generally speaking, they are well made and very affordable, especially when compared to "comparable" products from other manufacturers. Before yelling at me, I know that "comparable" is a very subjective term. AND, Ruger's customer service is exceptional - they will make it right. Just my .02, for what it's worth.

Ruger is working too hard to bring new products to market to need to be too concerned with the PR from this. There isn't another US firearms manufacturer who is doing as much.

As obnoxious as these recalls are, until people stop spending their money on Ruger products, they will continue the rush to market. It's worked for them well for the last ten years...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top