JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Always late to a party. That's me. Why oh why am I just "discovering" this ammo.? .45acp 118gr at 1357fps!!! Never shot a super sonic 1911 before. Might be worth buying a box just to be able to tell the young kiddies about it. Anyone actually used this ammo yet? If so, what ya think?

Ran a bunch thru a few carry guns (.380 & 9mm) to confirm functionality. Functions perfectly fine, but didn't chrono any of them.

But seemed less snappy in the LC9S's, which can be a little bit of a challenge esp in smaller hands.

Thanks for the reminder, going to have to try some in our current carries next time out. Still have a few boxes of those in 9mm.

Currently using a mix of FMJ & Critical defense HP in those carries (function checked).

Good at everything except barrier penetration. However, you cannot push the copper/polymer projectile too fast or it will brake up before impact. I am looking at you 40S&W. Safe to shoot steel up close with.

Point of Impact is lower with this lighter bullet so be sure to practice with it and adjust.

I replaced my 80 grain 9mm ARX ammo with Leigh Defense 90 grain Extreme Defense loaded to +p by Underwood.

Good at everything except barrier penetration. However, you cannot push the copper/polymer projectile too fast or it will brake up before impact. I am looking at you 40S&W. Safe to shoot steel up close with.

Point of Impact is lower with this lighter bullet so be sure to practice with it and adjust.

I replaced my 80 grain 9mm ARX ammo with Leigh Defense 90 grain Extreme Defense loaded to +p by Underwood.

Ahh I remember that thread now! I was all like "be careful about that one going thru cars and then buildings & such", and you pointed out I was thinking on there other projectile, the extreme penetrator.

Thanks for the reminder. We'll have to re-visit thinking on that one.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top